My family stayed here and we could not have been more pleased. Waking up to a full view of the Arenal volcano was surreal. Debbie and her husband so were so pleasant. We enjoyed a horseback ride to the waterfall which again, was surreal. Only our group was there...it was like a private waterfall. Enrique was a fabulous guide. It was also nice to spend some time with the horses before we got on them and took off. That made a huge difference for us. The breakfasts and dinners were all very good but I thought just a little pricey. I will say it was worth it not have to drive to town. The road is very rough so make plans to hang at Leaves and Lizards as much as you can so you don't have to drive on it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This secluded resort is located on 26 acres with spectacular viewing of the Arenal Volcano near La Fortuna. Enjoy the panoramic vista of Arenal and Cerro Chato from a hammock on your porch or from your comfortable, orthopedic, queen sized beds with Egyptian cotton sheets. Meals prepared using locally grown ingredients at the Lava Lizard on-site dining facility. Guests are invited to help with daily 'chores' on this working farm. Milk a cow, collect eggs for breakfast or groom a horse. Enjoy private horseback riding, professional guide service, on site spa and 2 km of on site nature trails. The vision at Leaves and Lizards is to create the perfect blend of adventure, discovery and tranquility for each guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Leaves and Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park