We stayed at Leaves & Lizards for three nights in July. Our flight arrived in San Jose at 6:00 am and we drove straight there. We were far too early for check-in and far too late for breakfast but they provided both! Steve and Debbie are wonderful hosts who are very knowledgeable about the area. We stayed in the Congo cabin (which is huge!) and had a massive porch. We spent a lot of time on that porch enjoying the views, watching the toucans and admiring the flora and fauna. The restaurant at Leaves & Lizards was great as well. We enjoyed all the food and Dora, one of the employees there, was truly wonderful. My only regret was that we couldn't stay another day/night and enjoy the horses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This secluded resort is located on 26 acres with spectacular viewing of the Arenal Volcano near La Fortuna. Enjoy the panoramic vista of Arenal and Cerro Chato from a hammock on your porch or from your comfortable, orthopedic, queen sized beds with Egyptian cotton sheets. Meals prepared using locally grown ingredients at the Lava Lizard on-site dining facility. Guests are invited to help with daily 'chores' on this working farm. Milk a cow, collect eggs for breakfast or groom a horse. Enjoy private horseback riding, professional guide service, on site spa and 2 km of on site nature trails. The vision at Leaves and Lizards is to create the perfect blend of adventure, discovery and tranquility for each guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Leaves and Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park