$264
$183
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$332
$180
  • Breakfast included
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$169
$92
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$303
$95
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$108
$97
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$81
$77
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$332
Bookit.com
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$170
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$115
$86
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$563
$523
Relais & Châteaux
2,033 results
All reviewsfree facialhot springssmall farmcosta ricamilk the cowscollect eggsindividual cabinsgrounds are beautifularenal areafresh fruithot poolsthe cottagesprivate hot springfront porchevery morningspring poolsregular pool
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My husband and I visited Arenal and stayed at Silencio del Campo. It was a great recommendation from our travel guide, Mynor Segura at Tico Comfort. If you're looking for a beautiful, peaceful location with the Arenal volcano as your main view, this is the place for you. Oh, another plus is that you won't have to leave the location to go to hot springs because they have their own private ones on their grounds. Why go pay at Bali or Tabacon? Beautiful, clean, reasonably priced, great breakfast included with cabina, hot springs, volcano view, birds, flowers, spa, wonderful staff to serve your every need. . . what more do you want? This is a peaceful paradise.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

This was my second trip to Hotel El Silencio. This time I took my elderly parents. We all enjoyed the gorgeous landscaping around the cute cabanas. We were very lucky and got to see the volcano erupt many times! We really enjoyed the breakfasts and had several other meals at the on site restaurant. The service was outstanding again. This year they had a lap top available in the lobby area to check your email. They welcomed us with a fruity cool drink on our arrival. We also took advantage of the spa services. My mom and I both enjoyed a facial and I also got a massage. It was heavenly. The hotel is very convenient to LaFortuna and Arenal Volcano. They also have their own warm mineral pool heated by the volcano and a regular swimming pool. One word of advice- don't use the pay phone/credit card phone in the lobby area. It was very expensive. Buy a phone card and use a regular pay phone.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Becky98
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Hotel El Silencio del Campo was a lot of fun, and a great choice. Per policy, our full payment was pulled from our credit card a few days prior to our arrival. When we had to cancel our first attempted Costa Rican trip 3 days prior to our arrival here, the hotel accommodated our rescheduling our trip to the beginning of June with no penalty.

As we checked in during a torrential downpour, our pleasant desk assistance included being lent umbrellas for the slog to our villa #20. The free-standing villa was great – roomy and nicely appointed.

Though at first we felt a bit away from the action, we came to feel we had among the best units. Our view of the volcano was through some of the “closer” units, though all of the units had the same issue – unless they were near the road I suppose. But we had a nice view of a field out our main window, complete ducks, etc. And our unit was among the closest to the hot springs, which were grand. As a bonus it was well away from the next door 4 story hotel and its loud A/C unit – a bit of blight on the serenity of the place.

Spring-wise our first of 2 days was the better – not sure if it was due to the rain on arrival, but the springs were pleasantly warm. We couldn’t understand the cautions about staying in the springs too long until we return our second day, when it really was toasty – OK for a quick swim, but not for floating around.

The grounds were nicely landscaped, with flowers and beautiful plants all around. We took both our dinners there in the restaurant. Not swanky, but good food at a reasonable price with good service. Our included breakfasts too were great too.

We’d recommend El Silencio to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at El Silencio and had a blast! Views of the volcano couldn't be better, the grounds are beautiful, hot springs on premises well worth it and we didn't have to spend a fortune going to any of the other ones, rooms very clean, and staff were so friendly and accomodating- couldn't have been treated any better. The food at the restaurant was exceptional! Get the typical Costa Rican breakfast it is fabulous, also had a great lunch there w/ a fabulous coconut flan! Probably one of the better meals we had in CR. It is so cool to have your own little cabin and you can see alot of wildlife on the grounds. The location is great and only $6 taxi into town. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

My husband and teenagers stayed here for a few days during our spring break trip. The hotel is beautiful. I loved the individual casitas-very secluded and quiet. We made use of the hot springs every night. The springs were never crowded and were always clean. Ask the bar to turn on the waterfall. The hotel bar was nice and made excellent drinks. The free facial hooked us and my husband and I had a wonderful couples massage. The office staff is wonderful and were very patient as I was practicing my spanish. Their english is perfect but I wanted to try. If you have a car ask for the tourist map of the town to save on having to buy a package tour-all of the sites are well marked and easy to drive to. I have recommended this hotel to many friends already.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family