2,049 results
All reviewsfree facialhot springssmall farmcosta ricamilk the cowscollect eggsindividual cabinsgrounds are beautifulfresh fruitarenal areahot poolsthe cottagesfront porchevery morningspring poolsregular poolzip lining
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My husband and I and our 13 and 17 year old kids spent 4 nights here in late June, in cabin #21. I agree with everything the most recent reviews said about the staff and the location, they were both great. And we loved having the hot springs right on the premises, for free. It was about $6 by taxi to go into town and the restaurants were happy to call taxis for us for the ride back. We did have two minor issues:
- we didn't realize that we weren't supposed to flush toilet paper, there was no sign
- the air conditioning is turned off when your room is cleaned, so if this happens in the morning by the time you return from your tour in the afternoon the room is pretty hot. So we asked Elio to have the a.c. turned on an hour or so before we returned. My husband thought that the a.c. unit wasn't big enough for the room, but we were in the largest cabin so perhaps that isn't an issue with the other cabins.

If I returned to the area I would definately stay here again, just sitting outside on our patio in the morning watching the hummingbirds, ducks and butterflies was very relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2010

What a great location - you have awesome views of the volcano and while we were there - we were even able to see lava from the hotel! The volcano does erupt every few hours - all night long and will wake you up . . . it is that loud - but how cool is that? We were traveling with our 3 children ranging in age from 6 - 11 years. The hotel had a small pool, a playground and a friendly bird that the kids loved. The room we were in was very spacious and clean. The breakfast became repetative - but was tasty- the staff was super friendly. The front desk did a great job handling tour recomendations and scheduling - we loved all the tours we did while visiting Arenal. We were there for 3 nights and had a blast.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We took our large group of 20 family and friends to Costa Rica and had researched many places to stay as we traveled the country. Based on recommendations in TA, we booked this hotel for two nights and many of the group said we could have spent the whole vacation here. The rooms are large, but basic, with one large room with two queen beds, and a bath. There is a coffee maker in the room. Each room is actually a separate small cabana with a patio with table and chairs. Breakfasts are included (order from a large selection on the menu). The location is breathtaking, right at the base of Mount Arenal, which belches smoke and rocks several times a day. My son and I had done a rafting tour of Costa Rica several years ago and stayed in La Fortuna, but never saw the top of the volcano because of clouds. Not this time! Every day we saw Arenal in all its beauty. The hotel has a swimming pool AND a thermal pool (the latter is artificial).

The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from La Fortuna and NOT walkable into the town, so transportation is a must (or use taxis).

The staff is simply wonderful. I contacted them several times with questions prior to our visit and they were always very helpful and immediately responsive to email. Umberto, who manned the desk during our two days, was tremendous. Helped us local guides, gave advice on tours, called ahead when we decided to book Sky Trek, etc.

Don't hesitate to stay here, you'll be delighted. I would highly recommend that if decide to do a zipline, do it in Arenal, NOT Monteverde. The views of Lake Arenal and the weather are wonderful and more predictable. I've done both and Sky Trek at Arenal is far better, even though the runs are not quite as long.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I can sum my visit up in one word...amazing! Amazing views, amazing rooms, amazing food, amazing pools especially the thermal bath! La Fortuna is worth spending 3-4 days visiting the area and you won't be disappointed with your stay at this resort. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights while in La Fortuna on the strength of Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. We found the location to be great - about 10 minutes by car from town and about 10 minutes up toward the volcano. In comparison, Tabacon Hot Springs & Spa is much farther away from town and would not be as convenient to go into town for dinner, etc. The hospitality was awesome from the welcome fruit drink to assisting in arranging various activities with pick-up at the hotel to the hearty breakfasts with 5 or 6 different choices. The rooms are standalone cabins with good sized living areas and bathrooms and a nice, quiet air conditioner. The hot springs is more like a large natural ly landscaped swimming pool/jacuzzi but is very private and nice place to relax. My wife enjoyed the free facial. Was able to drop off our rental car that we had rented in San Jose right at the hotel and was picked up for the Jeep Boat Jeep trip to Monteverde right at the hotel. Had dinner at the hotel and found the fare to be high quality and good variety - especially the fresh Tilapia. Overall a great place to stay and very well-priced.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family