“Best hotel of our trip”

Hotel El Silencio del Campo
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great hotel. Awesome value. Quiet. Our room was perfect-- clean,comfortable, with extra touches. Pools and springs were clean. Nice view of Volcano, weather permitting
a bit oustide of town so quieter, but Fortuna is very close
Service was outstanding. We stayed two nights here and two nights at the Lost Iguana and Silencio is much MUCH better in terms of service, location , value and vibe.
Will be back !!

2  Thank drtothestars
Write a ReviewReviews (1,903)

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel was great for our family of six. We booked two units, which were side by side. After I ran the kids into the ground each day on two tours ea. day, this was a perfect place to rest and take in all in.

I liked that the resort does not seem crowded. As people are tired or gone touring until they are. It seems very private. We always had time in the hot spring pools or the main pool to ourselves. The staff are always smiling and speak great English. I and the kids sat back with an ice cream drink or one of a wide variety of alcohol drinks off a menu for my wife and I. Very relaxing.

Likes, pancakes for the kids. So many beautiful pools to hide and relax by. the free spa services two of my daughters had. reasonable prices and very easy and quick to get a taxi to La Fortuna to try so many foods. (5 min. ride).
The hotel food was terrific for me. Just so happy we stayed here. Every member of my family had a great time. Three nights was perfect. So close to many tours and a staff aimed to please. Wish I could take some home as exchange students. Perfect role models for my kids.

No regrets staying here.

Room Tip: All good units, but check out a map of the resort, some may like near a parking lot, some in back...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank biknrun
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Individual villa rooms with plenty of space located on a very well manicured property with the Arenal volcano in the background. Complimentary breakfast is decent, the pools are nice and the service is very friendly. Rooms are large and include Cable TV and WiFi. It's a quick drive into town, La Fortuna and or to any of the related mountain activities.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We are currently at this hotel, and it is absolutely amazing! From the minute we stepped foot into the reception area we were greeted by the extremely friendly front desk personnel. Not even two minutes later a waiter showed up and presented us with fruit smoothies. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. The cabins are clean and comfortable with an AMAZING view of Arenal Volcano from our private front porch. Another added bonus is that this hotel only has 25 cabins so the grounds are very quiet and peaceful. You do not have to fight for service from the staff, they come to you and are very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast is fresh and made to order with the eggs and cheese coming from their very own on-site farm. The Huevos Rancheros is the best breakfast I've ever had. My ONLY complaint about this hotel is that the restaurant dinner portions are very small. We had the spaghetti and it was delicious but we were still starving after. I'd rather pay more for a decent sized portion but that is my only complaint! The hot springs are beautiful and very private. I could go on and on about how wonderful this hotel is. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This place was my favorite part of Costa Rica. The minute we arrived and were greeted with a refreshing smoothie (after the LONNGG drive) I knew we were going to be well taken care of. The resort is peaceful, beautiful, and well maintained. Because there aren't many cabins, the restaurants and hot springs were never crowded. It felt like a private vacation! We had cabin #9 which provided a perfect view of the volcano and was next to the ppol. Road noise was not a problem although I did hear trucks go by occasionally but it didn't bother me. We had 2 teenage boys with us and they enjoyed it as much as we did. I also got to milk one of the cows ;-)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Hotel Silencio del Campo was a spacious cottage type room with stunning views of the Arenal volcano. The staff was friendly and the grounds were a like a paradise of fruit tees and flowers. They also have several little private hot spring pools that were very relaxing. Although we didn't get a chance to use the spa, it was nice to know it was available. Would definitely return if we are ever in the area again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have been very remiss in writing this review since we travelled here in October and now it is March! My friend and I went to Costa Rica because her friend was getting married there. I came along to share expenses and experience Pura Vida. I read about El Silencio del Campo on tripadvisor and I was really intrigued. I was a little nervous about the booking process since I have only stayed at hotels where you get the instant confirmation when booking, but it all went smoothly. We both loved the hot springs and looked forward to relaxing in them and enjoying the company of Jose the bartender (who makes an awesome mojito by the way) after our daily adventures. I found the bed to be very comfortable and the bathroom to be a nice size. I liked that the sinks were outside the bathroom so that while one of us was showering the other could be brushing her teeth, etc. We also enjoyed eating at the bar at night. I found there was many choices and I did not find it to be too expensive. Not as cheap as a soda, but not overly priced either. And it was so convenient! We could order, hang out in the hot springs, then eat at one of the tables at the bar. The front desk staff was also very good at helping us book tours. We had some ideas of what we wanted to do but had not booked anything. It was nice to have them work with the tour companies since neither of us spoke spanish. They and Jose convinced us to go ziplining. We were both a little concerned because we are on the larger size, but it was a great experience. I am glad we decided to try it. I cannot say enough about the staff. Everyone was very friendly and went out of their way to help us.

I took advantage of the free spa service. I believe it was a volcanic mud facial. I wish we would have had more time there and I would have booked additional spa services. I thought the spa area was very relaxing and beautiful.

Breakfast was also enjoyable though I usually got the pancakes. I liked the fresh fruit as well and as many people have mentioned watching the birds. I found it to be a relaxing way to start the day.

I did not find the other hotel that some people have mentioned as being distracting. It wasn't loud and I did not think it encrouched on the landscape. Most of it was hidden by the hedges.

We booked most of our activities through different tour groups so did not find the location to be an issue since the tours all picked us up at the hotel. However, if you would like to go into town often or would want to do more 'do it yourself' type activities I would recommend getting a car.

The only thing I would recommend would be to add a dresser to the cabins. Since we stayed several nights, we both unpacked our suitcases. While there were two shelves we could use, we both would have preferred to have our clothes in a drawer versus out in the open. We made it work, but that would be our suggestion. We also had occassional issues with the key but that was mostly at night when we couldn't see the lock as well. Just sometimes fumbled with it.

I would definitely come back to the El Silencio del Campo. I dream of their hot springs and mojitos. I recommend it to everyone I talk to who is considering Costa Rica. Keep up the great work and I hope to see you again one day.

Room Tip: We were in Cabin 12. It was nice because it was centrally located to everything on the property.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends