Hotel El Silencio del Campo
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$249
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$134
$84
$247
$201
Hotel Lavas del Arenal(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
$200
$85
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$465
$144
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$89
$86
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Arenal Montechiari(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$88
$86
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Magic Mountain(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$152
$110
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$538
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$450
TripAdvisor
1,983 results
All reviewsfree facialhot springsrecommend elsmall farmcosta ricamilk the cowscollect eggsindividual cabinsgrounds are beautifularenal areafresh fruithot poolsthe cottagesprivate hot springspring poolsfront porchevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We just returned from a 9 day visit to Costa Rica with 3 nights spent at El Silencio del Campo. I traveled with my husband and my 5 year old daughter. This was our second visit to Costa Rica and our first to the La Fortuna area. I have to say that this is one area that should not be missed. The volcano and jungle are just amazing. The sights, the views, the animals are all things that should not be missed when visiting Costa Rica.
For the hotel, however, I was disappointed. I think that I was expecting something a little nicer based on all of the glowing reviews on trip advisor for this hotel. The property consists of several cabins in a very lush setting right on the main road and next to a HUGE hotel that looks over the cabins. We were given a cabin that was set back from the main road so it was fairly quiet. The grounds are pretty with all sorts of amazing birds. The inside of the cabin is severely lacking. The mattress was terribly hard and uncomfortable. The bedding including the pillows, must be at least 10 years old. The towels and bathrobes were stained and frayed. While the room was basically clean, there was a build up of bugs in the corners on the sink and in the bathroom.I used the spa and had a delightful facial and volcanic wrap. While it was a little pricey, it was very enjoyable.
I would say that the two best things about the hotel would be the service. The staff was very friendly and helpful and able to answer and questions, provide restaurant suggestions, and make reservations. The other is the location. It is a short drive from La Fortuna and a short drive from the volcano-you can easily get to everything. I would strongly recommend a car since there is nothing within easy walking distance.
Overall, this hotel is okay. I really don't understand why it is so highly ranked, but it does offer good service and it is a good value in a good location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Hveno_98
hsilenciodelcampo, Propietario at Hotel El Silencio del Campo, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Visitor:
I want to thank you for your review based on your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. Hopefully you come visit us another time to serve you better. We will take up the matter to improve as much as possible. We will start not only checking all the villas very carefully but also the bedding, the towels and the robes. We deeply wash the villas all over once a year and the villas are cleaned daily.

SIncerely,

Luis Diego Zúñiga Vega & Kattya Hidalgo Murillo
Owners

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just returned from Costa Rica. We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I had initially booked another hotel in Arenal but decided to cancel that one and go for El Silencio after reading the reviews here. And so glad I did.

Very clean, beautiful, peaceful and very relaxing (we soaked in the hotel's hot springs every evening). The staff is friendly and helpful. The restaurant inside this hotel is not overly priced ( relatively speaking - as food in the touristy areas of Costa Rica is generally expensive). They have great choices (I particularly liked their grilled Tilapia). The food was so good that we never felt the need to drive to La Fortuna town for food.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nks2012
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Oh I thanked every minute of my stay there. Really clean hotel. The rooms are amazing and very comfortable. The breakfast is really good and the restaurant is not expensive. The staff is very kind and the hotel has one great view of the Arenal Volcano. I would stay with them again. Really thank you for the experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Loved this hotel! The rooms are private cabins, the breakfast is wonderful. As other reviewers said, it's like a bird sanctuary. At the delicious breakfast our waiter Johnny (adorable!) would go out and talk to the parrot and Lolita would put on a show! They also put out watermelon and lots of birds come to eat, great photo op. The spa is great, treat yourself to a massage then check out the private hot springs, how relaxing! We met Humberto and Eileen at different times at the front desk and they were very nice and helpful. Two thumbs up and a big grin also!

Room Tip: Cabins in back are quieter, #9 on up
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Fantastic view of the volcano. Decent (yet not fabulous) restaurant. Very nice rooms and area. Good bar. Great service (very friendly, accomodating and knowledgeable staff). The front desk goes above and beyond trying to make your stay as good as it can be (they helped us arrange our trip to Monteverde as well as activity in the Volcano area).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple