Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$122
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$138
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$108
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$201
$183
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$110
$81
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$79
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$289
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$92
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$273
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$750
$563
All reviewsla fortuna waterfallcosta ricachocolate tourcoffee makershort driveclose to townhot springsincluded breakfasthanging bridgesbeautiful groundscabinfridgetaxisinkbirds3kmac
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at Arenal Green. The best thing about this place is the friendly staff. The rooms are rustic, but meet pretty much all your needs - and they were very clean! I didn't see much in the previous reviews about the bathroom, so I will fill in the gap here. They are actually quite large for a tiny cabin - again very clean. The shower is huge and hot water was never an issue. Lighting wasn't great however. There were a few burnt out lights that were not fixed during our stay, but not a big deal really. The beds were OK, but we've slept better elsewhere. We had a car, so didn't have any issue being too far from town. If you don't have a car, it might require some $$ for taxis though. The price is great overall.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank cjtvs
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights at Arenal Green. They have small but roomy cabins with view of the volcano (when not covered by clouds). First let me say this Monica is a gem! She runs the front desk and is extremely helpful! She helped us greatly with tours and transportation and lots of general questions. The hotel is about 25 minute walk to La Fortuna town and about 30-35 minute walk mainly uphill to the La Fortuna waterfall.

We stayed in Cabin eight which is very nice for couples. There are basic necessities including a sink and fridge. The shower is spacious and there is ample air conditioning. The bed however is a little hard but thats ok. Every morning at least one rooster crows about 5-5:30 which lets you know its time to wake up. I found it kind of amusing since I own chickens myself but they aren't quite so ambitious.

The grounds are manicured and there are lots of hummingbirds in the area around a couple bushes mostly. We also were delighted to find a pineapple plant growing next to our cabin. Also there is a creek/stream with a path to the back of the property.

Breakfast is fantastic with two choices of traditional or american (with bacon...yum), served every morning. Oh yeah, WI-FI signal was basically non-existent in our Cabin, but once in the lobby area was great of course. All in all a nice place for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: For couples cabin 8 was very nice
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PuraVida1984
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Better late than never... My partner and I stayed here mid 2012 in a cabin set towards the back of the property. Accommodation was comfortable, clean and cool. Bar fridge, sink, large bathroom, and a new TV (barely used as were out and about often). Our hosts were generous with their time and information. An extremely generous lift into town here and there, while certainly never expected, was very much appreciated. However, we both enjoyed the walk several times in and out of the town centre (for some it may be a bit far and a bit sticky - but we enjoyed the scenery!). Tours/activities booked through the hotel were great - headed to the animal sanctuary and of course the hot springs. Overall I just wish our stay in Arenal had been longer!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The cabins at Arenal Green are clean and cozy. We stayed for two days (in almost constant rain) and Monica was very helpful in helping us plan activities for our family, order us pizza, and get us taxis into town. We had cabin #4 which is small with a nice little front porch. Our friends had #7 which I think was called the villa. It was a big cabin with 3 beds and it includes a huge covered patio with a kitchenette and bar and tables and hammocks. It was a wonderful place for our two families to hang out and enjoy the sound of the rain. Unfortunately, it was so cloudy that we never saw the volcano but we had a good time anyway. I would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank flyerATL
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Solo Traveller. This was my first stop in CR. you get your own tiny cabin which is clean, spacious and your own front porch to look at the stunning views. Wifi works very well. $4 can ride to te small town of La Fortuna. Please note that this hotel does not serve lunch or dinner and there is nowhere in walking distance to grab snacks or food. The breakfast included was very good. $2 beer is available in the bar in the evenings. Friendly service!!

• Stayed: January 2013