“Amazing Adventure!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$164.00*
and up
Sky River Drift and Sky Limit Adventures from La...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sky River Drift Arenal its the newest attraction of Costa Rica Sky Adventures theme park, you will start flying trough the tropical rain forest in 3 different carbon fiber state of the art zip lines, next you will arrive to Costa Rica's biggest ever tree platform of 650 ft2 at a height of 170 feet set up in a spectacular strangler fig tree. From here get prepare to jump in a free style fall down to the river pond, finally experience a new concept of personal raft, descending a fast river of 2.3 Miles long inside the heart of the rainforest.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

What an amazing adventure this was! It was our first time zip lining so I don't have much to compare to but the lines were a lot of fun! Each of the three lines gives you a different experience! The repelling drop was also a first for us and it was a little scary at first but ended up being a lot of fun especially when you land in the river! The river tubing was really the highlight of the excursion! This is NO lazy river!! Each twist and turn and splish and splash left you anticipating and wanting more! The guides on the trip were very friendly and attentive! They really are all about your safety to ensure you have a great experience! When you first get there they set up all your safety equipment and will make adjustments when you get on the lines. They also offer go-cam rentals which clip onto your helmet. You have control of when you want it on or off. At the end you can purchase your video which they put on a SD card. Highly recommend this excursion if you are in the area and want something thrilling to do! It was like 3 excursions in one!

1  Thank Alaina H
in 23 reviews
"rappel"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

My daughter (16) and I did the river drift yesterday. It was amazing. Our guides, Richard and Joseph were two of the friendliest young men I have ever met. They shared with us information about the flora and fauna, seemed very interested about us and it was easy to see they enjoyed their jobs.

My only ding would have to be it was a little hard to find. Signage in Costa Rica is notoriously bad, but for such a large company you'd think they'd put a few more road markers out there. My advice, after leaving the main road, don't make a right! I learned my lesson!!! Lol.

The price was right for the adventure and hospitality. Would totally recommend.

1  Thank TinaM2022
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We booked a combo of Sky Tram, Sky Trek, and Sky River. We started out our day on the tram and zip lines. Those were thoroughly amazing, but after a quick lunch at the restaurant on site, we headed down to the Sky River facility. As soon as we got there, we were greeted warmly by both of our guides and they quickly and efficiently got us geared up. After putting us in a full body harness, we commented that the gear was more of comprehensive than the zip lines, and they told us that there was a reason for that, but he didn't want to ruin the surprise. And what a surprise it was! We thought it was going to be a fairly relaxing river drift trough the rain forest, but it was so much more. Zip lines, a free-fall rappel (this was the surprise), followed by a long wild ride down class III-IV rapids in a personal raft was exhilarating! They practically had to shove me off the perfectly good tree that we were perched in for the rappelling part, but it was certainly the highlight of the day. My wife got thrown from her raft 3 times and had a few bruises, but still came out smiling. The Best part was the guides, however. The other four people didn't show up, but they still dedicated two guides and a photographer for just my wife and I. Instead of getting bitter about the lack of revenue (from tips and photo sales), they embraced it and treated us to a personal guided tour. I can't say enough for these guys.
I tipped them generously, they deserved, but I was also surprised that we got the entire photo album from the photographer, all 72 pictures, for only $30! As my wife said when we got done, it was a good thing we did the zip lines first, because they would have been a big disappointment otherwise. This trip was worth the cost of the combo ticket alone, it's Ike the zip lining was just a nice to have freebie compared to this.

2  Thank Jeffrey A
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was great "combo pack" that included zipline (3 cables), a small bit of walking through the beautiful landscape, and a little bit of repelling, or lowering, and river tubing. The guides were so nice, attentive, and knowledgable and led the trip at comfortable pace that wasn't too fast or too slow. The river tubing allows you to get a unique view of the amazing landscape and the trip also offers a nice taste of ziplining, without just that one thing taking the whole morning/afternoon. I highly recommend this one! Maybe my favorite of the entire week we stayed in La Fortuna!