After a long day of travel we arrived and were greeted with wonderful tasting fruit smoothies. The hotel staff was on the ball, friendly and curtious from the minute we arrived to the second we left (they even helped hunt for a missing blanket of one of our 6 year old travelers!)
The first night we arrived it was clear and we were able to see the peak of the volcano, we also saw a family of Howler Monkeys that calls the resort home and even a poisonous red dart frog!
I would not reccomend the resort for meals except breakfast (breakfast is inlcuded and tasty!) Our dinner there was below average and the $20 round trip van ride to La Fortuna for dinners was well worth it as the food was great! Ask Celine for his reccomendations of eating establishements in La Fotuna.
The rooms were nice sized (5 in a room), clean and cute comes to mind.
The real treat of Costa Rica are its people. They were all so friendly, polite and I felt more safe there than most places I have visited in the United States.
Celine is a gem of the resort as he reccomended some very fun activities for a large group of 10 with 4 young kids ages 5,6,7 and 8.
Our favorite activity was the zip lines at the Los Lagos resort. Antonio runs a safety first and freindly ship with the zip lines. There is also a lot of other fun things to do there with kids and it is close to the the Arenal Springs Resort. (note we were glad we didint stay at the Los Lagos as it was fun to visit but real busy and not as neat, clear or freindly as the Arenal Springs)
We didnt enjoy the boat safari as much as some of the others I have read. Travel time to the safari was a little much and while we saw lots of wild life (camen, "Jesus Crist Lizards", sloths and monkeys) we were left wishing we had stayed closer to the resort and Arenal as it was so amazing!
All in all we loved the hotel minus the dinner food. We wished we would have stayed there longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park