I spent two wonderful days at the Arenal Springs resort, and wish I would have stayed longer. The grounds are absolutely magnificent! The amount of flowers, plants and wildlife I saw was incredible. The rooms were nice and had all of of the needed amenities. The view from the room was fantastic. The clouds around the volcano never did completely clear, but ah..that's mother nature for you. Even with the clouds surrounding the top of the volcano, it was a beautiful view. The staff were very nice and accomodating. Everyone was very friendly and understanding of the little Spanish I did speak. A very special thanks to Donald for being so gracious and making our stay fun. We already had plans for activities outside of the resort scheduled so I can't comment on their activity services. La Fortuna is just a quick trip down the road in a taxi and is not to be missed if you want an authentic experience. Sure it's a tourist town, but you can find local art, small authentic soda's to eat at and can mingle with the locals. It was a great experience.
The only thing that I would consider a drawback was the variety of their menu. As someone mentioned previously, there are not that many light lunch type items, and it was a bit pricey to eat at night after night....but town is just a quick ride away....Those dishes that we did order at the hotel were very good however.
I highly recommend the Arenal Springs Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park