We stayed at Arenal Springs Resort for 2 nights a little more than a week ago. We booked transportation from the San Jose airport through the hotel and had a nice, scenic 2 1/2-3 hour ride. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were given a refreshing welcome drink. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful in calling for taxi rides, as we did not have our own car. Our room was located close to pools and restaurants. It was clean and airconditioning worked great. Views of the volcano were fantastic and the grounds were absolutely gorgeous. There are several pools, with various temperatures. Due to a storm a few days earlier, wi-fi was only available in the lobby (no big deal....it was a vacation after all). Hotel is about 10 minutes away from La Fortuna and taxi costs $12 each way. Free breakfast was included. There was a good selection of food and it was really delicious. I only drink cold (iced) coffee and they even made a special drink for me! We took a taxi again the next day to go to Arenal volcano national park (pricey at $25 each way, but the dirt road there and back was really, really rough and filled with potholes (ditches) and we did a lot of swerving back and forth and we were glad that we weren't driving. We especially enjoyed the geothermal hot springs (which felt great after a day of hiking at Arenal). We also ate dinner in the upstairs restaurant one night. Food was very good and wasn't really any more expensive than what we paid downtown (especially figuring in another taxi ride). Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park