We traveled to Arenal with 3 young children (ages 4, 6 & 8) and had a great experience here.
The grounds are beautiful and spacious, with a ton of room to run around, and you have an amazing view of the volcano. The pools are great, some are warm, some hot, and some cold - the kids loved exploring all of the different choices around the property. The rooms are large and clean and have 2 queen beds, a mini fridge and plenty of room to be comfortable, and the AC works great. Breakfast was included and had great options for the kids.
Arenal Springs Resort is also in a great location, and you can easily drive into La Fortuna in 10 minutes where there are many choices for eating & activities.
I am giving this only 4 stars instead of 5 for 2 reasons - 1) The internet was super sketchy in the room and just a little better by the pool, and 2) while the staff was there to help with activities planning, I don't think that they went out of their way to be friendly or helpful. They will only really acknowledge you if you initiate it.
Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again if we ever return to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park