We stayed three nights and had a good sized room with a decent view of the Volcano and a large bathroom and a TV. We later discovered a lot of hotels in Costa Rica don't have tea and coffee making facilities - fortunately this one did. The Hotel offers to take people to and from their rooms with a golf buggy but we found the walk quite pleasant. The Hotel has well manicured gardens and we saw a wide variety of birdlife including hummingbirds. The spa is fantastic - we enjoyed the first massage so much we booked a second. The massages were in rooms which were semi alfresco and we could hear sounds of birds which made for a very peaceful and relaxing experience. The pool area on the other hand was not particularly peaceful and some days after about 3pm it was packed with families and pensioners. I did enjoy the 80s music which was blaring out though. The restaurant was a little expensive but as we later found out most food in Costa Rica is very expensive which is a bit surprising considering the amount of American Tourism. I recommend ordering a coffee after dinner as the serve it using a contraption that looks like a sock - apparently it's the old fashioned way. Concierge let itself down on the last day - we checked out and asked for a bags to be picked up at 7.30 am and a hour later no one had been to fetch them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park