Before getting into my review, let me just say that many of the not so nice reviews seem to be based on things out of the control of the hotel or poor planning. We had a great stay, and while not perfect in every way- found this spot to accomodate us nicely.
Pros: The first thing we noticed was the distance from the road. Many of the hotels in La Fortuna are right on the main drag, Arenal Springs was set back a ways which we were happy about (even though it is a bumpy way back from the road). The cabañas were newer and featured the beautiful showers with plants, stone, and trickling water (see photos). Views of the volcano were great (when the clouds moved away) from our rocking chairs on the front patio. We saw it erupt on our first night there. As for the other hotel features, the tour desk was very helpful in assisting us in arranging a last minute canopy tour during our stay (used Los Canyones and highly recommend them as well). Breakfast (included in the price) was typical Costa Rican fare and provided us with the energy needed for our excursions.
Cons: The foam mattresses that seem common in the country are not comfortable, and after a week of sleeping on them your back will feel it.
Definitely worth a stay and should our travels bring us back to Arenal, we will repeat our business :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookIt.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park