We just stayed in May 2013 and I have mixed feelings. First of all, the pool and springs are very nice. There are about 8 different pools/hot springs and a big swim up bar where you can also eat bar food or sushi. The pool area couldn't be nicer and makes the hotel. It seemed like there were only about 8 other couples in the hotel and we would go literally hours upon hours of not seeing a single soul anywhere on the grounds - including the pool. It was like our own private resort. That's low season for ya. The view of the volcano is great although it's not on the side where you can see lava. In fact, they say the volcano hasn't really put out any lava in a couple of years now. Too bad. Outside of that, there are some problems. The food is incredibly overpriced but you end up eating it because it would be just as expensive to get a cab into town and back (which costs about $10 - 12 each way). Also, the rooms are literally paper thin - they are set up so that each cabin is like a duplex. A door (which opens if you rent out both rooms in the cabin) is all that separates each room. If one person burps in a room, the other people in the other room hear it. Literally. There is ZERO insulation. With that being said, there are quite a few honeymooners and things can get pretty awkward pretty quickly when you're trying to sleep if you catch my drift....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park