The volcano is the star here. Showing a different mood in every light, it is visible large on the horizon from every bungalow. The lanes connecting the bungalows invite one to stroll at a leisurely pace, winding back and forth through the resort. Off to one side there is an undeveloped field which offers good bird-watching. A small stable near the entrance houses a few horses who patiently allow the animal-starved tourist to connect with them. The pool area is superb -- different pools for adults and children, and a hot-spring pool with swim-up bar and waterfalls giving wonderful neck massages. At a nearby resort, zip-lining and horseback riding are available. The zipline has a series of eight cables running from platform to platform down the hillside over the trees, and the staff members will take pictures of you with your own camera as you are zipping down towards them. The food at Arenal was delicious during our first dinner here, although not so good the second night, maybe because it was Sunday and the cook's night off? All in all, we were very happy with Arenal Springs as a base from which to explore the area. We just hope that the adjacent land doesn't get developed and that the resort doesn't get any bigger -- the open vistas and unhurried feel of the place comprise much of its appeal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park