We recently stayed at the resort - its was very nice. The rooms were clean, but a little small. We had great views of the Volcano almost each dday - perhaps we were lucky. The hotel is NOT facing the side of the volcano were you can see lava - those hotels are around the far side - another 15 minutes drive and make them a bit far from La Fortuna, but close to many of the activities (volcano hikes, zip lines, butterlies, etc.) The grounds were beautiful and it was a good location for the activities in the area and easy access to La Fortuna. Given that everywhere in the area requires a taxi, I would look at renting a car for the stay in this area (taxi's are $7 each way to town, to the hot springs, etc., so renting in La Fortuna might be a good option).
We did the Sky Trek / Sky Tram zip lines - seems very safe and well run - we loved it! But, note that these are very high (some at 600 plus feet up and over 2000 feet long) and fast - not at the tree top level so you will not see wildlife from them - still a great experience and even our kids loved it.
We did run out of hot water for showers 1 -2 times and the pool was a bit cold (fine for mid day, but not late afternoon, and we were out doing things mid day). The concierge was exceptionally good. The restaurant on the grounds is good - highly recommend the seafood soup. The food at Volcano Lodge - just down the dirt road to the resort - was great and extremely well priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park