I'm not kidding, I wanted to kidnap their gardener to come do my yard. The foliage is amazing and the views stunning. Everywhere you looked the view was of a tropical paradise. Like another poster said, we also had a banana tree right outside our room w/ bananas on it. We also had a lime tree with fruit on it. Then the flowers...... STUNNING! We were there as a family w/ 2 teenage girls. My girls even loved the peacefulness of the resort. We rented a jr suite so that we had both sides of the bungalow that connected. Great view out of our room of the volcano. The rooms are very clean (only complaint is I wish there was a mirror to use outside of the bathroom to get ready but even that was easy to overcome because of the total experience and I even hate to use the word "complaint"). It always felt like we were the only ones there and was not crowded at all. The swimup sushi bar was good. All of the food we had was very good and we were spoiled w/ the breakfast every morning.
While in the area we went on a canyoneering tour w/ Desafio Adventure Company. We rappeled waterfalls that morning which was a lot of fun!!!!! They served a homemade lunch afterwards that was very good. We wanted to do all of these adventures in one day so they had our zipline tour in the afternoon. After lunch they took us back into town to their office and we had about an hour and a half to hangout or walk around town. Found a great pan dolce (bakery) and got a few goodies to munch on. The next tour guides for the zipline picked us up and off we went. THAT WAS A BLAST! They are one of the only companines w/ the entire zipline adventure on platforms up in the trees. I highly recommend them. They picked us up at the resort and returned us back to Arenal Springs Resort.
The next day we went to La Fortuna Waterfall. We were told we did not need a tour for this and glad we did it on our own. It is a $10 entry fee per person into the park. You hike down to the base of the waterfall and then get to enjoy it. Take your swimsuit (wear under your clothes or change in the hot bathroom before you hike down), a towel. Wear the right shoes for this. Flip flops or such are not recommended for this at all. It is 700 steps back up and they are steep!!!! And sometimes slippery. Go early as it gets hot and humid on that climb back up and crowded at the waterfall.
Restaurants in town........ most look deserted but were good. We tried several but the names escape me. Yes, dogs are loose and will visit you while eating but not bother you.
All in all, I highly recommend Arenal Springs Resort and the entire area to visit. The people were all very nice!!! All of the staff at the resort spoke English and were always smiling and happy to see you. I'd go back tomorrow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park