$200
$183
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$86
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$230
$138
  • Breakfast included
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$173
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$289
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$108
$79
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$107
$90
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$124
$118
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$169
$66
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $75/night.

Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$563
Hotels.com
1,005 results
All reviewsnight hikehowler monkeysmark lucyunique experienceeach morningcoffee deliveredjuan carlossloth housesanta claracosta ricahonor systemla fortunagreat hostswrap around porchfree nightplantainsproyecto asis
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in the Agouti tree house and had an amazing time. We loved sitting on our porch each morning for a couple of hours watching many different species of birds feeding from the fruit. We even saw toucans and aracari birds which was very special. The breakfasts were fantastic and it feels like a very personalised experience staying there. It was easy to order pizza delivery. The evening tour was very interesting and we saw so much wildlife. During a self guided walk we also saw monkeys and tree frogs. A really amazing set up here and we would recommend it to anyone. Project Asis is very close by and worth a visit to tour and/or volunteer.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Clare T
Raeann M, Owner at Tree Houses Hotel Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2017

We have been working with a branch of the Costa Rican government planting even more plants to attract animals and birds to our property. It makes us happy you were able to see such a wide variety of creatures at our place.
Its been a really exciting time for Tree Houses these past few months with so many great new projects and changes here at the hotel. Everyone is so excited for the months to come when we will introduce our new management team. They are fun, full of energy with great ideas.

Stay tuned and Pura Vida
Raeann

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We stayed two nights at The Tree Houses with another family and had the back two tree houses - Yigurro and Guytasa. Our tree house has 2 queen beds and a single. It was the perfect size. The large balcony was great. We didn't have a car and hired Juan Carlos to pick us up from our prior hotel, did a day tour of La Fortuna waterfall and lunch at his sisters, then to the Tree Houses. The next day he drove us to our atv tour. He was great. We were so exhausted after our long days we ordered pizza for dinner both nights and ate in the common area. That worked well. Breakfast each day was great. We didn't get coffee delivered to the tree house since we had an early departure each day (7:30 am) so that was disappointing since I read so much about it!! We didn't have a chance to do the hike to the river ...... but we did the night hike with Rolando and it was great (but long). Overall highly recommend! Very unique experience

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle D
Raeann M, Owner at Tree Houses Hotel Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Thank you so much for your excellent review and mentioning Juan Carlos and Rolando.
We are so fortunate to have them as a part of Tree Houses team. One thing about the night hike with Rolando is you can leave the hike at anytime and don't worry you won't hurt his feelings....

Pura Vida
Raeann

Reviewed August 9, 2017

After staying here, I was reminded of how important the accommodation is to uplift your experience. It's not just about where you're visiting, but where you are staying and staying at Tree Houses Hotel was one of the best decisions I made. My boys and I loved this place! Our tree house was lovely and private and we saw so many amazing birds including a couple of toucans. Waking up to coffee delivered to my porch was magical. Plantains are also brought to the bird feeder to attract birds although these were only brought 2 out of the 5 days we stayed there. I am not sure why. I just ended up providing my own.
There are free night tours which I highly recommend. They are so fun and you get to experience a different side of Costa Rican wildlife at night.
The hostess was friendly and helpful, the breakfasts were generous and delicious, and the general setting made this one of our favorite spots. I would stay here again and for much longer next time!

Room Tip: All are great but we stayed in the Yuigirro which seemed to offer the most privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank lilasaid2015

Your review is so kind. Your experience here is exactly what we hope for with our guest.
For me, having a cup of coffee on the porch listening the jungle come alive, is the perfect start to my day. Kids do have a blast here and we love having them.

I'm sorry you did not receive coffee for a couple of days. It could have been you scheduled for a early breakfast because of a early tour. In this case the girls don't deliver coffee to your tree house.

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you back.
Raeann and staff

Reviewed August 8, 2017

I can't recommend this place enough. I knew it would be good from the reviews on here, but the experience was magical. I stayed in two of the houses - Frog for two nights, Toucan for two nights. Both were lovely, but Toucan was higher up in the trees and toucans (three!) did actually turn up one morning to steal the plantain the staff place on the bird table. The touch of leaving a flask of coffee on your deck first thing in the morning was just wonderful. It was the highlight of my day, followed by the wonderful breakfasts served in the 'rancho' and a play with the puppies they currently have down at reception. I booked three hiking trips with Juan and loved them all. I recommend the Arenal lava flow hike with Paradise hot springs, the Rio Celeste hike and the Juan Castro Blanco. I was initially worried about bugs and creatures getting into the houses but I didn't have a single 'incident' in either house. All the wildlife stayed outside but I loved falling asleep to the sound of the rain/creatures of the night. The night hike was really interesting - tarantula alert! - but I preferred the hike I did down to the waterfall in the grounds. I saw a blue jeans dart frog down there. Don't even hesitate about booking Tree Houses - and forget about the road noise - it's not an issue. You'll be too busy listening out for toucans.

Room Tip: Go for Toucan if you can - Frog is nearer the road
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
4  Thank Lisa E

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us and were able to see so much wildlife. I have to say our staff is the best. Everyone here gets so much joy when they see our guest have a good time. Tree Houses is grateful to have Juan Carlos on our team. His love and knowledge of Costa Rica is a treat for everyone who gets the chance to spend some time with him.

Pura Vida
Tree Houses staff

Reviewed August 4, 2017

We always wanted to stay in a treehouse, and this small hotel was the perfect choice. It's not in the most convenient location - about 30-40 mins from La Fortuna - but it's worth it. We loved getting up early in the morning to enjoy coffee on our treehouse deck and listen to all the wildlife around us. Breakfast was freshly prepared with a different offering each morning. If you like dogs, you'll love this place, as they have several dogs as permanent residents as well as a number of puppies they're fostering as part of the Costa Rica Street Dogs program. The staff were super-friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed the free night walk they offer each evening. If staying in a treehouse is part of your Costa Rica vacation goals, I totally recommend this place. And if a treehouse wasn't on your itinerary, consider staying here anyway - it's a real treat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road, or a room that's frequented by animals
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family