Tree Houses Hotel Costa Rica
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in La Fortuna de San Carlos
See available hotels
Heliconias Nature Lodge(Arenal Volcano National Park)
  • Breakfast included
Airport Mango(Alajuela)
View Hotel
Hotel Lavas del Arenal(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Tilajari Hotel Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Cabinas Guacamaya(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Cataratas Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Restaurant
Princesa de la Luna Eco Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Hotel Jardines Arenal(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
All reviewsnight hikehowler monkeysmark lucyunique experienceeach morningcoffee deliverednight watchmanjuan carloshappy landsloth housecosta ricahonor systemgreat hostsla fortunawrap around porchfree nightplantains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The Tree House Hotel was great!! Mark, Lucy and the whole staff were great! Our tree house was small but definitely enough room for us, it was cozy, clean and comfortable. I absolutely loved sitting on the porch having my morning coffe...which was delivered to our tree house each morning. The grounds were gorgeous and well kept. we visited the private waterfall and swimming pool. We saw a three toed sloth, monkeys, Egrits, beautiful frogs (and other critters) on the property. The breakfast was typical food and delicious.
I would definitely come back for a stay at the Tree House Hotel. thank you for a wonderful time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Frog Tree House, it was beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maegan Z
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I am very late to review this hotel as I thought it was published earlier, but, better late than never. We stayed in Tree Houses as a family of four, two summers ago. Could not have asked for a better trip. The room was large enough and the kids stayed in the loft area above us. Air conditioner worked great and the morning coffee was a little present my husband and I looked forward to each day.

Breakfasts were wonderful. Service was great. Grounds were fun to walk. Not sure I would do the hike to the "waterfall again as it was really hot, and the water did not look appealing to get into, but it was fine to have a destination walk from our hotel.

The hotel is pretty secluded but we did a couple day trips from there and had loads of fun. The owners were easy to talk to and helped us with any questions. Ordered Pizza one night just because we did not have a car and the hotel is not close touch. We did walk to the one restaurant close by. Had to walk on the road but it was fine. The night critter hike was fun too. The morning we left we watched a sloth climb from one tree to the next. Spent an hour watching him and it was such a highlight of the hotel.

Previously reviewers commented on the noise. I am a really light sleeper and was I never bothered but any road noise. Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My family (2 kids 13 and 15 and my husband) stayed here last week and it was fantastic!! The tree houses are wonderful, very clean and the setting is fantastic. We had a blast sitting our our porch watching the birds, bats and monkeys. We stayed in the Sloth unit which my sons loved because they climbed a steep ladder to a loft where they slept :)! Mark was fantastic helping us to arrange our outings and transportation. Breakfast was delicious and the entire staff was friendly and helpful. Rolando's night hike is not to be missed. He was sweet enough to bring some tree frogs to our tree house one night for my boys to hold! The grounds are gorgeous and we hiked to the river. On the way we enjoyed all the vegetation, birds (including tucans!), sloths, frogs and had a great encounter with a family of howler monkeys (they even had babies!!). Cannot recommend this place enough!!

4  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed June 30, 2014

For the young and young at heart...we had a delightful stay at the Tree House Hotel! We kept the tree house a surprise for our 10 year old son who couldn't believe his eyes when we drove up to the Sloth House and told him this was our "hotel room". The house was just the right size with a comfy big bed on the main floor and 2 twin beds in the loft, where our son made his club house a reality. With no internet or television, we entertained ourselves with card games each night while rain fell on the tin roof. The room was simple and clean with a wraparound porch. The rain forest sounds...lots of birds...woke us up each morning along with freshly brewed coffee. Our gracious hosts, Mark and Lucy, took care of every detail and arranged for our daily excursions which included a pineapple plantation tour, volcano hike, zip-lining, and soaks in geothermally heated pools. Our river rafting excursion was cancelled but do not despair. We took the opportunity to dine and shop in La Fortuna. Then, upon returning to the property, we took the hike to the river to cool off and along the way we were able to catch a glimpse of a mama and baby sloth in the trees. With a recommendation, we went to Happyland to eat a couple of nights and had great internet service along with huge local fare to eat and cold beer to drink. As before mentioned, we got to hike Arenal Volcano with Juan Carlos who is a local expert on history, flora, fauna, and everything in between. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast food was amazing and they put a candle on my husband's crepe to celebrate his birthday. The only drawback was the traffic sounds from the highway, which are to be expected. This by no means took away at all from our adventure high in the trees. This is a must stay!

2  Thank Shelley M
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teenagers) stayed two nights in the Monkey Treehouse. No TV. No wifi. I loved that.
I got up early every morning and sat on the deck to have a cup of coffee and listen and watch for birds (a thermos of coffee is delivered to your tree house deck around 6am). The breakfast was gourmet compared to most of the other simplistic breakfasts we were served at other hotels during our trip. Mark and Lucy, who manage the property, are extremely helpful and friendly.
A night hike is offered most nights. Although we didn't find a lot of wildlife the night we went, it was entertaining and fascinating to watch the guide, Rolando, in his efforts to find things to show us.

1  Thank afreil