Tree Houses Hotel Costa Rica
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$152
$142
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$173
$256
Hotels.com
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$120
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$862
$180
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$211
$204
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$241
$154
Travelocity
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$114
$99
  • Breakfast included
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$204
$157
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$332
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnight hikehowler monkeysmark lucyunique experienceeach morningcoffee deliveredjuan carloshappy landsloth housesanta claracosta ricahonor systemla fortunagreat hostswrap around porchfree nightplantains
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a very well run establishment. The hosts are very attentive and help you book your adventures in advance. We wish that we had volunteered at the animal refuge center. The other activities were great - lunch and farming with Rolando, an evening of animal spotting with Rolando, a volcano trip with Juan Carlos. I loved these guides/hosts and their personal attention. The all day trip to Cano Negro was too "cattle in a pen"-like for my taste. Our tree house had only one air conditioned room which was perfect for the two of us, and I loved the outdoor feel ( wire mesh windows ) of the shower. On the property, we saw amazing birds, including toucans, colorful frogs, a stick insect, and a very up-close armadillo. The only difficulty was that our driveway was a little narrow, so, after making a mistake with backing out ( I was a little in the ditch ), I had my daughter supervise me from the outside each time thereafter. A rare gem of a place. Hints at the atmosphere of a smaller version of O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat in Australia. You are really well looked after.

Room Tip: Our tree house was perhaps the smallest and oldest. It swayed, but we loved that.
1  Thank shirleystahmann
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Treehouses met our expectations and I would highly recommend it. Very solid. Don't expect a luxury resort, it's a treehouse. The house was very clean. It has a flush toilet, a hot shower, minifridge, and good bedding. We had 2 couples in the "Sloth" Treehouse and it worked fine. We knew each other very well ahead of time, otherwise it would be pretty close quarters for 4 people. it gets pretty humid, but the wall unit A/C worked well and even cooled off the lofted area for sleeping.

The treehouse is very relaxing. I could spend weeks just hanging out on the balcony. You can order a pizza to the treehouse, drink some beers, really relax. You feel like you're in a jungle. You can hear the road from this treehouse, but it wasn't distracting to me.

The grounds are beautiful. You can hike to the river, check out the little waterfall, or see nature at night with the night watchman. We didn't see anything too exciting, just frog and insects. You will see tons of beautiful birds each morning at breakfast. I've never seen so many hummingbirds before. They provide breakfast, which was great every morning.

They can help you set up excursions ahead of time. We enjoyed the rafting trip, the wildlife rescue center, and the volcano hike. i also recommend them to arrange your airport transfer, it was cheaper than the other quotes we had and they stopped off on the way to grab some food.

I have already recommended it too all of my friends. The price was very reasonable as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RichardS1981
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Well, it was really raining for the three days we stayed at the Tree Houses, but it was still nothing less than wonderful!! We arrived after dark, but Reanne quickly got us acclimated, recommending a restaurant for dinner, arranging for a taxi, and making sure we'd be back in time for Rolando's night hike (the only time during our stay that it wasn't raining!). Mark and Lucy were away while we were there, but Mark had arranged tours for us before we arrived and Reanne made sure every detail was taken care of! We were vacationing with our three teenaged kids and we all enjoyed hiking at Rio Celeste (in the rain) and zip lining at Los Lagos Resort (in the rain). The service at the Tree Houses was wonderful! The breakfast delicious! And the morning coffee on the treehouse deck with the birds was heavenly! We would definitely stay there again!!

1  Thank allfor3kids
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Tree Houses Hotel for the first two nights of our honeymoon and had a blast. The staff here is incredible. Mark arranged all of our daily tours/activities as well as transportation for our first five days in Costa Rica, even for the days we were no longer staying at this hotel. Reanne was on site for our two nights and was a pleasure to get to know. She was so friendly and helpful, and eased our worries after arriving with no luggage (airline lost it!).

The tree houses are gorgeous- so clean and even though I'm a worry-wort in general, I felt completely safe and comfortable in the tree house. Every morning someone delivered fresh coffee to us and put out plaintains so we could watch the birds enjoy breakfast. What a fabulous way to wake up! The breakfast was delicious and my husband has already requested I learn how to make the black bean in a mug with eggs they served us!

I would return here in a minute and highly recommend Tree Houses Hotel to anyone- especially if you're looking for something fun and different from a standard hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Tree Houses Hotel is one of those places you never forget. Make sure you stay at least two nights (more if you can - we stayed 4 nights and it wasn't enough) or you will miss a lot - the breakfast and the animals change every day. Early in the morning you will have coffee brought to your deck and plantains set on the bird feeders - and then the magic starts! Standing in the open shower watching the howler monkey was something out of a storybook, and the fate of the baby sloth rescued after falling from a tree is still on our minds. We are a family of five (kids 14, 12 and 8) so there was some reservation about going from a luxury 3-bedroom villa at the beach to one room, but the Yiguirro Tree House was so much fun, and the delicious breakfast, lovely staff, and amazing surroundings won everyone over in no time. I was also concerned about being 30-40 minutes outside of La Fortuna, but we actually found this to be part of the charm and no problem, since we did have a car. There are many activities nearby and some tours come right by the hotel and will pick you up - the helpful staff will make great recommendations based on your individual preferences and even make all of the reservations for you. We did whitewater rafting (kids and husband's favorite), safari float (my favorite), volunteered at the rescue center (kids 2nd favorite) and hiked the La Fortuna waterfalls. I would not call the Tree Houses rustic, since they are beautifully done with full bathrooms and even a small refrigerator, but you should bring bug spray if your stay is during or near the rainy season. If you think you want to stay here, make your reservation asap or you will miss out. There are only 6 tree houses and they book up quickly.

Room Tip: Please leave the Yiguirro house for me!
4  Thank CalcanDuxburyMA