Lowest prices for your stay
$198
Hotels.com$198
eDreams$214
Travelocity$198
1,939 results
All reviews hot tub in the room hot springs costa rica ping pong day bed rooms are huge beautiful grounds our honeymoon an amazing view breakfast buffet free shuttle main restaurant volcano view rainy season zip lining sitting area spring pools
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2016

We had a great 3 night stay at Kioro. We were greeted by the friendliest staff. Welcomed with drinks and complimentary volcano mask spa treatment. Room was perfect for our family of 4...2 queen beds and a made-up day bed for my youngest son. Bathroom was spacious and had a separate tile rain shower which made it easier for our family of 4 to get ready in the evening. There was also a hot tub (which we didn't use and actually turned off at night so we wouldn't hear the noise). Air condition worked well. We could have used more storage space for our belongings. We didn't unpack because there was only one closet with three shelves. We could have used a dresser space or a nightstand to put all our things on. Otherwise, room was spacious and had a separate alcove where my youngest slept so he had some extra space and privacy. Beautiful views all around hotel including view from the room. We enjoyed the hot springs at their nearby facility but they also have a smaller set of hot spring pools on site (they weren't heated the days we were there). We had our complimentary volcano mask at the spa and enjoyed the 15 minute treatment. Breakfast was excellent- lots of choices, juices, and coffee. We loved the omelette/eggs griddle for made to order eggs. We had dinner one night- it was a mandatory Christmas Eve dinner included in our package. Food was ok but when my husband complained about the lobster tails being dried out, they quickly made him a new entree which he really enjoyed. Service was excellent. We loved this hotel. Enjoyed all the outdoor areas and spectacular breathtaking views. Close to the excursions we wanted to do. Town is a short drive away but unfortunately the only way is by taxi which is a bit $$ (16 US dollars each way). Wish the hotel had a shuttle. Recommend this hotel for a family vacation. Service was excellent.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2016

We flew from Houston to Costa Rica, spent one night in San Jose, and flew to Lima to spend Christmas with Family. Four days later, we returned to Costa Rica for our brief vacation in Arenal Kioro. The Costa Rican authorities asked us for our "yellow fever certificate." My husband David and I looked at each other and asked "What certificate? For what? Apparently, Costa Rica requires a certificate of yellow fever vaccination to enter, if you have stopped in Peru, Ecuador, Brasil, Colombia and number of African countries. We did not have one! We asked the Immigrations person if we could just go get a vaccination, he indicated that the vaccination needed have been done 10 days ago and did not let us in the country. We were given no options and our airline was given strict instructions to either send us back to Peru, or to the USA (which is where we live.) We contacted Arenal Kioro immediately and provided them proof of our terrible story. They requested scans of our immigration papers, passports stamped from Costa Rica - Peru - Costa Rica, etc. All the evidence was sent, and they refunded us NOTHING. So, why did they request the proof? We would have understood if they had kept a percentage of the total payment (which was pre-payed) but, no, they refunded $0. We are sure this must be a beautiful hotel, and we were so excited about our short romantic trip, but did not get there. What was most hurtful, was their unwillingness to work with us. We would have taken 50% back and would have rescheduled our vacation for another time. Now, we will never go.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Liliana B. A
Reviewed January 3, 2016 via mobile

The most amazing place I have been to. The Hotel is perfectly situated in Arenal. The staff far exceeded my expectations with their kindness and knowledge. I would trully recommend this place for its beauty, location and wonderful staff.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2015 via mobile

Please look at my other reviews to see that I've stayed at A LOT of hotels in my lifetime -- at least 50 reviewed/noted on Tripadvisor alone. By far, the Kioro is among (if not the very) best of hotels. I would liken the experience to a hotel I stayed at in Cabo -- from the moment you arrive, you are treated like royalty.

The grounds of the hotel are awesome. We actually were wandering around and spotted a Tucan and a howeler monkey.

The room -- we had a double -- are massive! They are arranged in various different housing complexes scattered around the property. We were able to drive up to our complex and park really close by. Get a unit on the main floor if you have issues with steps (no elevators -- although I suspect the staff would help you lug your stuff upstairs).

Check out the pics attached. The room is massive -- there are the two beds (queens) and a lounge chair (suitable for a child), a hot tub! a standalone shower and bathroom. All DELUXE!!

I'm also happy to report that this hotel has a relatively good gym-- I'm a gym rat -- but the gym here is pretty good considering we are literally in the middle of nowhere.

You are very secluded if you stay at this hotel so if you don't have a car, you will be at the whim of taxis or others to transport you to the volcano or to other tours. Most of the companies have transportation options -- but you likely will pay more.

This is an awesome hotel 5* deluxe in my view. Check out the pics and see for yourself. You won't regret staying here.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2015

I loved this place the rooms were amazing the views of the volcano was spectacular and the huge in room hot tub just well...it was awesome. The grounds, the cascading pool and breakfast were again all amazing. The staff were professional and very pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

Room tip: Top floors are probably the best but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them
Date of stay: November 2015