The rooms here are bigger than most U.S. properties. All have a view of the volcano, which when we were here in June was covered for the most part. We stayed 3 nights and it did finally poke its head out the last day. If you are looking for a complete get away from the world stay a week, however we felt 3 nights was plenty. I recommend for the adventurous type to sign up for the Pure Canyon Trek. It’s a repel down the side of mountain next to a waterfall. In total there are about 4 or 5 and absolutely worth your time. You get to see nature at its finest. If you are in rainy season take the morning tour since it can get cancelled if it’s raining.
We did take advantage of the free mud facial and I signed my husband up for his first ever massage, which he thought was incredible. The hotel does a shuttle that runs into town but check the times because it may only be once a day and is only $2.00 per person each way.
The hot springs was not what I was expecting. I have been in hot springs in Alaska and also Iceland and my idea of a hot springs is volcanic hot waters. Although I loved the springs here they are in my opinion just little black bottom hot tubs with warm water.
The grounds are very maintained and beautiful. The breakfast was just ok, seemed they had the same choices every morning but could find enough. Get there early because once it sits out it’s not as fresh.
I would definitely go back, especially if I needed to hide out from the world for a while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park