The truth is, La Fortuna is so beautiful, it's hard to imagine a bad hotel/resort. That said, having only stayed at Arenal Kioro, I can only say that I can't imagine a place more beautiful. Our room literally was overlooking the volcano. It was extremely clean and the hotel staff was truly, TRULY, the nicest I have ever known.
This is not a corporate hotel...It is owned by one gentleman who lives on the premises. This hotel is more of a retreat. It is very relaxing, peaceful and I want to go back NOW!
There is a natural hot springs on premises which is nice because most of the hot springs in the area are public. This one is only available to guests of the resort.
We also had one of the best massages ever there. The sounds of nature were wonderful and unlike being at home, as my wife points out, no CD's or "nature" music was needed.
Breakfast selection was a bit weak but the Chef at the resort is brilliant. We got lunch and dinner and everything they cooked was amazing.
We went on two excursions but the BEST was at Proyecto Asis. This is not something that the hotels promote a lot but thanks to Trip Advisor, we found it. They say if you volunteer you get to interact with animals. Volunteering consisted of cutting vegetables and fruit for 5 minutes. It is nothing with nothing and totally worth it. We got to play with monkeys and parrots. Our guide was also fantastic. www.volunteeringcostarica.com is their site.
I can't say enough great things about this hotel and the area. Absolutely loved it.
BRING deep woods BUG SPRAY and ponchos. It rains A LOT and I think there are more mosquito's than people in Costa Rica!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Arenal Kioro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park