4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$198
Trip.com$214
Travelocity$198
1,939 results
All reviews hot tub in the room hot springs costa rica ping pong day bed rooms are huge beautiful grounds our honeymoon an amazing view breakfast buffet free shuttle main restaurant volcano view rainy season zip lining sitting area spring pools
Selected filters
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I spend three nights and four days with my family, what I like about this hotel is that is really private and even if there is people around you don't even notice it. The staff is great they are very helpful, polite and tell good stories about the volcano.

The location is remarkable just 5km from the top of the crater.

The breakfast is also amazing, grey omellets and bread.

The retaliation between price and what you get is good.

Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were fortunate enough to vacation at Arenal Kioro again this year. We stayed two years ago and loved it. This trip was even better! The resort is beautiful and the staff treated us like V.I.P.'s! I have never stayed at a resort that was so intimate and beautiful. The views of the volcano from our suite (which had it's own hot tub and rain shower) were amazing. The gardens at Arenal Kioro Resort were incredible! The variety of plants and flowers were like staying in a botanical paradise! The staff is kind and friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. Do yourself a favor and experience this resort. You will never forget it!

Room tip: All the rooms are great!
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa K
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I found this hotel on Groupon and booked it right away. It's located at the bottom of Arenal Volcano and has a great view of the volcano. The service was superior. The rooms were beautiful - each has a small balcony facing the volcano. The breakfast was delicious. They aided us in booking a couple of excursions and were so helpful. I truly cannot praise this place enough!

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank PittsburghDmm
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I regret that I was only able to stay for two nights. My suite was large and very comfortable. The view of the volcano was spectacular, especially at sunrise. The breakfast included everything you could want from cereal to omelets and everything in between. The only thing better than the food was the quality of the service---friendly and most helpful.

Room tip: All rooms are suites and each one has a direct view of the Arenal volcano. The only decision you'll need to make is whether you'd prefer to be closer to the hot springs and spa or the main building.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My best friend and I arrived on 4/19/13 for a 4 day stay.The property is beautifully landscaped.The staff was extremely courteous and professional. We were greeted with wine and our bags were taken to our room. It seemed as if the volcano was an arms length away and the view was incredible. Our family suite was spacious and clean. The bathroom had his and her sinks and a toilet. The enormous shower had it's own space in a private area in our room. The room was also equipped with a jacuzzi. We left a tip for housekeeping almost every morning we were there. The hot springs on the property are very nice and the setting is tranquil and very picturesque. You will not want to ever leave with surroundings like these! The bartender graciously delivered drinks to us when we soaked in the hot springs in the evenings. The buffet breakfast they serve is delicious. Omlettes made to order, the sweetest fruit I've ever tasted, an assortment of pastries, yogurt, granola, pankcakes, sausage, baken, rice and beans, plantains, and other cultural dishes I don't know the names for :-) We booked our excursions prior to our arrival with a company called Desafio and we were very pleased. The only complaint I have is when we sent our clothes to be laundered. Unfortunately they were returned to our room the next day still dirty, and there was was bathing suit in there I was planning to wear on my next excursion in less than 30 minutes. The manager there is superb. She comped our laundry and she allowed me to choose a bathing suit from the gift shop for free to wear to my next activity. I also had a facial and a reflexology massage during my visit. The spa is lovely and the technicians are very skilled. Fortunately, the clouds cleared from the volcano on several occasions during our trip so we were able to get great pics and truly enjoy it. I will definitely stay at Kioro again on my next trip to Costa Rica!

Date of stay: April 2013