Our stay at Arenal Kioro Resort was memorable and peaceful. We would return to this hotel without hesitation. The staff was exceptional, friendly and went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We were greeted by a personal concierge who expedited our check in and treated the family to an arrival drink. Our room had a great view of Arenal Valcano and opened up to the lush and well manicured grounds. Kioro had it's own natural hot springs pool system which we enjoyed as a family (we wish the water was 5 degrees hotter though). Kioro also owns an off site Hot Springs called Tikoku and admission is free to hotel guests. We took advantage of this instead of paying the $45+ per person admission fees to some of the other Hot Springs in the area. Kioro has an onsite Spa and we each got a 15 minute mini-facial. There are more elaborate treatments as well but we all enjoyed this.
While we were in Arenal we did the Sky Tram - Sky Trek zip line activity. This was awesome. We have zip lined in Mexico but this experience was over the top compared to any other zip lining we have done and I would consider this a "Must Do".
We also went into La fortuna for some souvenir shopping on our last afternoon in Arenal. It is a nice little town with friendly merchants and some good restaurants.
There are tons of things to do at Arenal including water rafting, horseback riding, ATV adventures, and nature tours, which we didn't have time for. We hope to return to Arenal in the future to do all the things we didn't do on this trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Arenal Kioro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park