First, I have to confess that I manage a hotel in the US, and so my standards may be different than everyone else writing a review.
But, let me tell you that this place will deliver the satisfaction you need if you are staying Costa Rica, and want spectacular views of the Volcano! The staff at this place deserves 5 stars out of 5, for being good at their job! I met the staff, and they are the most friendly people that I met in Costa Rica after a 13 day stay.......... From Fernandina, Alejuandra, and Marie (Super Hard Working Bartender). These people I would definitely hire to work at the property I manage in the US.
Let me tell you a little story about my experience here....
I woke up one morning a little late, and as I exited my room I found myself under seige by a swarm of very large wasp. After retreating back into my villa, I peaked out of the window to notice that a nest had been created just outside of my door on the ceiling. And these things were not your average wasp, they were freaking huge, at one point in time I thought I saw them drag a small child away!
Anyway, I scurried to the front desk and asked if there was anything that maintenance could do to about the problem. The attendant immediately got on the phone a called someone. In addition I mentioned that I had a problem with turning off a light above my bed.
I went back to my villa and within 5 minutes the maintenance and housekeeping were knocking at my door. Upon entrance the housekeeper asked me what the problems were and translated in spanish to the maintenance man. I told her about the problem with the light above my bed, which she kindly walked to the other side of the room and pushed a switch behind the headboard of the very bed with I had slept in, and said "Que?". I could say that the it seemed hidden, but it wasn't, I was just stupid, and she knew it! But she didn't say it, although she probably had every right too. The maintenance man was outside taking a peek at what the killer wasps were up too, and as I peered through the window, he gave me a glance that said "Wimpy American". Feeling ashamed I drifteded away from the window, and when I returned I noticed that he had disappeared, or so it seemed. After waiting 15 minutes, I took another look outside to notice that there was no maintenance man and that the wasps were still there. Thinking that he abandoned me to the fate of the killer wasps, I picked up the phone to call the front desk, but eventually I decided to wait and see. Another 15 minutes passed by and I eventually feel asleep to take a nap. I woke up about 30 minutes later and peered out of the window one more time to see that the wasp's nest had vanished and in it's place was a black spot with smoke coming out of it. My only conclusion was that the maintenance man called in the Costa Rican Air Force and it was bombed or napalmed!!?? I exited my door to find crispy wasps parts scattered on my porch, and I found no need to ask questions, since it was taken care of!
Anyway, here are my review points.....
1. Great customer service
2. Good breakfast
3. Huge rooms
4. Awesome views
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal volcano Inn is a 25 rooms hotel surrounded by exotic gardens that can be admired from the tranquility of your room or by taking a small walk on its natural trails. Every guest may enjoy the view of the Arenal Volcano from its own terrace. Come visit us and make Arenal Volcano Inn your home while vacationing in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Volcano Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Volcano Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Volcano
- Arenal Volcano Inn Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park