“Great place to stay!”
Review of Arenal Volcano Inn

Arenal Volcano Inn
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel was comfortable and clean. The grounds were filled with gorgeous flowers and the view of Arenal Volcano was beautiful. Each room is an invidual building so it was nice not to have immediate neighbors. They were air conditioned and comfortable. The continential breakfast was good and the dinner was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a security guard at all hours of the day but I felt very safe in La Fortuna regardless. The only downside is that the town is about 3 miles away and it was an $8-10 cab ride. I definitely recommend this hotel. I spoke with some other people I met about their hotels and it seems like this is the best one.

1  Thank Amanda C
There are newer reviews for Arenal Volcano Inn

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The grounds of the hotel are absolutely gorgeous with a spectacular view of the volcano. The rooms are large, air conditioned and very comfortable. The food and service were exceptional. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel if you go to Arenal. I loved staying here.

1  Thank MarilynnF
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is an oasis of beauty and scenery. The rooms are spacious and they don't exaggerate when they say every room has a view, someone did some planning with this layout! Beautiful pool area, nice restaurant, and very helpful staff! My favorite point was the card key that shuts the electricity off in the rooms when you leave, something I need to look into for home! The grounds are well kept! Highly recommend your stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed by the pool, our friends stayed to the south of the pool and both were awesome.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This a beautiful facility and one that I will love to return to if I ever travel again to the Arenal Volcano area. My friend Krista chose this hotel last minute as we were passing by and it turned out to be a superb choice! The hot tub and multiple swimming pools are delightful. The flora (hibiscus!) and fauna (tree frogs!) that lace the entire landscape of the hotel proved sensational. The entire staff treated us like royalty. My favorite part of this hotel was the room. Absolutely gorgeous, clean, impeccable rooms decorated with mixed media furniture and architectural detail. A true paradise very close to town (restaurants, shopping), the Arenal Volcano Park gate, and the Butterfly Conservatory.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've been in Costa Rica nearly 5 weeks now (we rented a condo for a month) and have stayed at a handful of hotels up and down the Nicoya Peninsula before coming to Arenal. Arenal Volcano Inn is my favorite place we've stayed and I'm sad to only have 2 nights there - I wish we could've stayed longer. We were in #106, which is an independant casita with a mini kitchen. It's very spacious (2 queen beds) and beautifully decorated! The best part - we stare directly at Volcan Arenal from the bed (also from the patio out front). The room has everything - Armoire, safe, refrigerator, mini kitchen with barstools (window facing volcano), and more! Plus this is the only place we've stayed where breakfast is included and its a full breakfast (eggs, gallo pinto, potatoes, sausage, fresh fruit, pancakes, toast, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc)! The pools are very nice and the grounds are beautiful- it is also in a very central location (in between the activities like Sky Walk/Sky Trek and the town of La Fortuna), Los termales Laurales is basically next door and across from that is Los Lagos. Highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Room 106 is awesome - it looks like the ones right around this one are the same and all have stunnin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather D
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights here. This place is wonderful. The cottages are very clean and bright. The french window opens to the Arenal mountain. The pool is very clean. The restaurant and staff were accommodating and courteous. This place is definitely kid friendly. My kids were able to run around the slopes and had a great time in the pool. We saw a lot of birds and the landscape is refreshingly beautiful.

The restaurant has decent selection of international food as well. I asked them for some spicy pepper and the staff got me fresh chilli peppers from his garden.

The only down side, is that this place is a bit away (~ 5-7kms) from the town. So we need to rent a cab (about 8-10$) each way to go into the town.

I would absolutely stay here next time albeit, renting a car.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Beautiful landscaping, clean and spacious rooms, pool area is clean, foliage is bright and tropical and attracts all sorts of fascinating birds! Waking up early morning provided great birding opportunities right from the porch of our room... bring binoculars! Staff was welcoming and always helpful. Views of the volcano were fantastic.

I would stay here again, but next time I would rent a car from Alamo. This hotel, as with most others in the Fortuna area, do not offer shuttles. We had to rely heavily on taxi's and found that to get expensive.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
#4 of 58 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Arenal Manoa Hotel
Arenal Manoa Hotel
#13 of 58 in La Fortuna de San Carlos

Been to Arenal Volcano Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Arenal Volcano Inn

Address: 6.5 KM North West of The catholic church of La Fortuna, San Carlos. | 6.5 km NW of the Catholic church, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 21007, Costa Rica
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#10 Family Hotel in La Fortuna de San Carlos
#14 Romantic Hotel in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Price Range: $79 - $122 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Arenal Volcano Inn 3*
Arenal Volcano Inn is a 25 room hotel surrounded by exotic gardens that can be admired from the tranquility of your room or by taking a small walk on its natural gardens and trails. Every guest may enjoy the view of the Arenal Volcano from its own terrace. Come visit us and make Arenal Volcano Inn your home while vacationing in Costa Rica. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Arenal Volcano Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Arenal Volcano Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos