We stayed for 3 nights here. This place is wonderful. The cottages are very clean and bright. The french window opens to the Arenal mountain. The pool is very clean. The restaurant and staff were accommodating and courteous. This place is definitely kid friendly. My kids were able to run around the slopes and had a great time in the pool. We saw a lot of birds and the landscape is refreshingly beautiful.
The restaurant has decent selection of international food as well. I asked them for some spicy pepper and the staff got me fresh chilli peppers from his garden.
The only down side, is that this place is a bit away (~ 5-7kms) from the town. So we need to rent a cab (about 8-10$) each way to go into the town.
I would absolutely stay here next time albeit, renting a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Volcano Inn is a 25 room hotel surrounded by exotic gardens that can be admired from the tranquility of your room or by taking a small walk on its natural gardens and trails. Every guest may enjoy the view of the Arenal Volcano from its own terrace. Come visit us and make Arenal Volcano Inn your home while vacationing in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arenal Volcano Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Volcano Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Volcano
- Arenal Volcano Inn Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park