Dropped off after dark, walking up the winding sidewalk to the top of the hill where my "room" was located, left me in wonderment. I was solo, it was late, I was leaving early in the morning....why such a fancy looking place for the brief night!? Then the door was opened; I had my own little cabin. There was a KING sized bed! just for me. A kitchen area, just for me. A love seat next to the bed, just for me. The bathroom was good size, especially when you consider it had a Jacuzzi!!
Looking pretty cool, right?! WRONG! the ceiling fan could not be made to work by anyone. The tub was lined with dead bugs! and the faucet to get ANY water turned on was way across on the other side of it....basically, even with long arms, I had to crouch down and climb over through the tub to turn on the water. THE WATER NEVER HEATED UP....night or morning.
It was warm outside, the fan was instrumental as I do not want A/C cold air and NOISE blowing on me all night. The toilet plugged up ASAP! seems they are ECO friendly, having very small openings for "crap" to flush through the toilet system! ALL paper is to be put in the garbage can which is cool and fine, but something had been left in the toilet, so when I got to flushing it....it wouldn't go down! So much for "glitter" ambiance! Once morning unveiled itself, I could hear birds singing! rather than road noise. Praise Be! and the coffee by the breakfast buffet actually tasted like coffee (go figure, you'd think being in a country that grows lots of coffee, there would be a drink that tastes like it came from a bush! but nope, not always). Having use of a computer to check on the next days lodging was welcomed. Since I paid for the room with a tour group, I do not know of its value or cost. It could have been lovely, but I felt like I got the last thing available that had not been checked on in a month.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Volcano Inn is a 25 room hotel surrounded by exotic gardens that can be admired from the tranquility of your room or by taking a small walk on its natural trails. Every guest may enjoy the view of the Arenal Volcano from its own terrace. Come visit us and make Arenal Volcano Inn your home while vacationing in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arenal Volcano Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Volcano Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Volcano
- Arenal Volcano Inn Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park