We recently stayed 2 nights at this hotel and really enjoyed our stay. When I was booking the room, I had a hard time figuring out the difference between the standard room and the deluxe. I ended up booking the deluxe since it was only $10 more and I'm glad we did. The standard rooms are lower on the slope and don't have as great of a view of the volcano. We stayed in room 108 and had a great view of the volcano. Keep in mind also, the standard rooms are all connected while the deluxe rooms are their own separate little bungalow.
Overall the hotel was VERY clean and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. TIP - if you are planning any tours, be sure to just book it when you get to the hotel instead of in advance since you get a bit of a discount for booking with them at the time of your stay.
We also ate at the restaurant our first night since we were too tired to check out La Fortuna and we were happily surprised. They served our favorite ceviche and arroz y pollo so we highly recommend checking them out. The prices aren't the cheapest but they were pretty standard for the touristy restaurant places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Volcano Inn is a 25 room hotel surrounded by exotic gardens that can be admired from the tranquility of your room or by taking a small walk on its natural trails. Every guest may enjoy the view of the Arenal Volcano from its own terrace. Come visit us and make Arenal Volcano Inn your home while vacationing in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Arenal Volcano Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Volcano Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Volcano
- Arenal Volcano Inn Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park