Hotel Arenal Rossi
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$146
$134
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$244
Hotels.com
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$449
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$107
$69
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$105
  • Breakfast included
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$179
$142
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$215
$201
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$294
$87
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$156
Orbitz.com
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$375
TripAdvisor
All reviewscomfortable bedshot springshot showertwo nightstoursacwifivolcano
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hugo and the other staff and family at Arenal Rossi were like superheroes to us. Aside from the best deal in the area, the place was clean, quiet, and quaint. Conveniently located near the waterfall and all the hot springs, they gave us great advice and bilingual conversation. When we messed up with our passports they were so accommodating.
Trusting your hotel staff if number one for overseas travel and these guys went out of their way to return our passports, even offering to motorcycle them over in person on a 4 hour drive.
I felt so inspired by their friendliness and really felt that I could totally trust them to follow their word. This is not true in big anonymous resorts, so was glad to support this family friendly business.
The pool is cute, nice views, and I like the restaurant for tasty treats. If you want a place where kids can play safely, rooms are neat and secure, and advice is trustworthy, stay at Arenal Rossi.

Room Tip: Further from the road is quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank David T
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I spent two wonderful nights here celebrating our 30th anniversary. They gave us excellent service. I saw 20 species of birds among the lovely tropical plants in the garden around the swimming pool!
Mark and Ruthanna Yoder

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark Y
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had been driving around La Fortuna for a while, asking around for a room, when we arrived here. Everything else was fully booked, but this place seemed rather empty. Maybe that should be off-putting, but we decided to give it a try anyway. Rooms don't look as fancy and cozy as some other places around do and views are not as scenic as you can find in other places around. But rooms are affordable and not as bad as I read in some reviews here. It was clean, the shower was hot at all times, airconditioning was a bit noisy, but we could sleep without it at night.

Rooms are spacious enough, there was tv, wifi, so basically all basic needs were covered. It was quiet, we weren't bothered by any noise from the road (though our room was a bit at the back). We didn't have a refrigerator, as I read in some other reviews. But the onsite restaurant was open and offered the included breakfast, which was great. Service was great, staff was friendly.

It's quite a way out of town, but a supermarket, laundry and a few other restaurants are nearby. So all in all it was an affordable option and nothing bad about it, though there are more scenic places around with better views. If you know when you'll arrive in the area, it's probably a better idea to make a reservation with one of the nicer places, especially in high season. But when you travel the way we do, without much planning and you're out of other options, this is not a bad choice at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Myth3
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We used this place as a jumping off spot for seeing sites in LaFortuna. We received a free breakfast at the adjoining open air restaurant. We were charmed by the new restaurant owner, Fausto. He tried so hard to please us. (i.e. found out my husband liked coffee and brought it "rapido" in a larger mug). The hotel had a small pool and tables around it where we enjoyed playing cards. When we needed help with making arrangements for tours the staff were very helpful in making calls for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Hotel Arenal Rossi is right on the main drag of La Fortuna San Carlos, Costa Rica. It is easy to find and parking is right in front of the rooms. I found the staff to be very pleasant and eager to please. It has good WiFi (even to my room in back), a small pool, security at night, a restaurant, etc. It's an easy walk to several bars and restaurants, although you probably will want to drive to the center.

My room was plain, but very comfortable. I liked having both AC and a ceiling fan. This let me cool the room off in the evening and then sleep with just the fan. There was also a TV with cable. I got breakfast with my room (I'm sure there are different deals) and it was fine - eggs, rice and beans, tortillas, coffee, etc.

I had a nice bench outside my room to sit and work on. I was doing some editing and it was perfectly comfortable. I will go back to the Arenal Rossi.

Room Tip: I took one of the rear rooms and was very happy there. I don't really have any comment of the others.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo