TripAdvisor

from $67.00
from $90.00
from $149.00
3,627 results
All reviews water slides hot springs natural sauna buffet dinner day pass hot pools kids area spring pools la fortuna buffet style varying temperatures swim up bar after a long day arenal volcano rainy day warm water costa rica
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2019

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights recently (during down season) and were so impressed with the hotel and hot springs, as a whole. The setting and surroundings are stunning, with plants and trees throughout the hotel - the view from our window made us feel like we were in a high class tree-house!
The hotel room was incredibly spacious, luxurious and clean. It also had a lovely balcony, romantic bath and some nice extra touches (eg. chocolate covered strawberries on arrival) and everything we needed such as a hairdryer, umbrellas to borrow and iron.
We were really impressed with the hot springs - with over 12 pools it was easy to find a quiet, relaxing space that felt like it was just for us, several of which had swim-up bars which conveniently allowed us the option of putting on our room instead of needing to take cash/cards down. There are also several cool pools and water fountains to stay hydrated and cool down when the temperature gets too much, but in the evening the temperature felt lovely for us, especially through the heavy rainstorms. All pools are open until 10pm, but each night 1 or 2 are selected to be open throughout the night, so nice to not be restricted. The slides were also thoroughly enjoyable (though potentially a bit dangerous...) and there are waterfalls and a natural sauna. The whole hotel is picturesque and it is located close to the Arenal Volcano so we got some good views of it driving to and from the hotel.
The buffet breakfast had a good selection but was fairly average. We also dined in the Italian restaurant in the evening and at lunch which was enjoyable and very well presented.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

Baldi does it well. It's organized and very well maintained. We were in the off season so it wasn't crowded. It's a family place so there were kids abs they looked like they were having a lot of fun. The water gets hotter as you move up to the next pool to the point where we could not get in! It was too hot for us but there were people attempting to get in.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 7, 2019

Deep in the heart of the country is Volcan Arenal or Arenal Volcano. As a result of being located next to a volcano, there are many natural hot springs in and around the town of La Fortuna. Most of the hot springs have been claimed by one of the many 5-star resorts in the area, however there is a “free” hot-spring right off the highway about 10 km north of La Fortuna. The free hot-spring is literally water under a bridge off the side of the road. Most tour packages include it in their itinerary, so it’s always packed with tourists. The best way to enjoy the hot-spring experience is to purchase a day pass from one of the local resorts which run you from $10-150 USD. I bought mine for about $15 and was satisfied with the experience. Be warned, public transportation is non-existent in La Fortuna and cabs are expensive even by American standards.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2019

Really great experience to be surrounded at the same time of the luxury of the hotel and the magnificence of the Volcano "Arenal" and it´s relaxing hot springs. Great and confortable spaces and you have everything you need there. Good prices too.. by the way. :)

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

Baldi was initially not on my radar when I arrived at Costa Rica. But on my third day there, my tour group headed up to Baldi on an excursion, and I must say that I was very wrong regarding my doubts of the place. Nestled at the foot of the Arenal Volcano (Which hasn't erupted for nearly a decade), the hot springs are much better than any waterpark I've ever been to. The pools are arrayed from the entrance as going from cold to warmer the further you walk, until the pools at the very end, closest to the volcano's geothermal might, reach a spectacular 115 degrees! Also on site is the RISTORANTE VIRGITA that I highly recommend for dining after you've enjoyed the pools, especially the natural sauna and the cold pools within the warm ones.

Date of experience: June 2019