“Not what I expected”

Arenal Volcano Lava Trail and Baldi Hot Springs with Dinner
$121.00*
Arenal 1968 Park Hiking Tour with Hot Springs
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is probably not entirely fair but we booked this through the travel company and I did no independent research. This is a series of warm to hot water pools at a hotel. I was expecting a natural hot spring and a nice dinner. What I got what a water park version of hot springs and a bad meal. The meal is buffet style and set up to feed a lot of people quickly. The food that should of been hot was not. The Tamale was the worst one I have EVER had and I am even comparing that to the hormel ones in a can. There are three water slides and I am amazed someone has not been seriously injured on one. Also - there was a lot of making out even though this was supposedly a family friendly venue. I guess they were making families - so my daughter got a few unexpected lessons in the birds and the bees. I am not a prude but really people - there are rooms for that.

2  Thank Ann C
There are newer reviews for Baldi Hot Springs

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Baldi hot springs was a little disappointing as they are not natural hot springs, it was like being in a giant bathtub that was really hot. If you want to experience the hot springs, spend a little bit and get a pass to Tabacon. They have natural hot springs and are much much better.

1  Thank IndyAThomas
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We are hot springs freaks. We like to find natural ones, out in the wilderness. However, once in a while a developed hot spring opportunity arises. This is undoubtedly the best on the planet. Although it is somewhat glitzy, with bars that serve soaking patrons, you can go up higher. The further up, the hotter the pools. Expect many people. Be sure to find the cave with a waterfall--like a sauna. There are also waterslides, but I was warned about the dangers lurking there. This is not to be missed even if you are averse to developed hot springs!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Glorified water park, great for kids, overpriced food and lodgings. More romantic and adult orientated hot springs (Temales) right across the street. Better food and no screaming kids.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Just loved our experience there. I'm a big lover of natural hot springs and always thought Europeans were #1 with spas. Baldi blew our mind.... Way, way, awesome!!