“This place is all fake”
Review of Baldi Hot Springs

Arenal Volcano Lava Trail and Baldi Hot Springs with Dinner
$137.00*
Arenal Volcano and Baldi Hot Springs from San José
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The only true Hot Springs Spa is Tabacon....At Baldi the water is heated!!!! You can see the intake and exhaust holes in each spring if you look. We left Baldi after having NO HOT WATER in our room for 3 days.....They couldn't fix it...go figure. Hot Springs - No Hot Water.....laughing....Anyway went to Tabacon and Wow even my skin a week later was really soft and smoothe. Loved the Atmosphere at Tabacon, rooms are great.....NO COMPARISON.... Do yourself a favor, don't stay at Baldi, we tried to talk to the Manager at check out and they said he wasn't on site...Then we called him and basically he was calling us a liar about the hot water issue in the room.....I spoke with the guy in the room next to ours and he hadn't had hot water either.

1  Thank Jeff B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,936)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

If you want to relax, don't to to Baldi! The pools are nice and the grounds are beautiful, but at 4 p.m., they turn on the music -- EXTREMELY LOUD, Latin Techno Disco music -- and it lasts until 10 p.m.!

Now, I love latin music -- but NOT the techno disco music that's played through large, blown-out speakers!!!

If you like this type of music, though, which could be heard inside the room with the doors closed, then Baldi is for you. If you don't, I suggest one of the many others hot springs in the area. This music was extremely annoying to me, so I called the front desk. I ending up talking with the manager. I asked if he could turn down the music, and he said "it was only affecting me, that all the others guests were enjoying the music," so he did not turn it down. So, there I was in my hotel room, thinking this place is "horrible!"

Save yourself from the same fate: Go to another hot springs!!!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was afraid that this place would be crowded, there was hardly anyone there the night we visited. The pools were awesome. the grounds were beautiful and the food was really good.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

an impressive property in its layout and style. Climb up the hill to the top pool (maybe come down one of the three water slides) and work your way down visiting each successive pool. Water temperature varies from pool to pool. Spa experience. swim up bar at the bottom

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I paid 30 bucks for the entrance and a buffet. Def worth it. Though, sneak in your own booze if that is your thing. Prices there are enormous.