“Good for the price you pay”
Review of Hotel Villas Vilma

Hotel Villas Vilma
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked this room at the last minute for new year's eve and was surprised by the good price ($60). I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The place is beautiful with tropical gardens, huge pool and jacuzzi, and cute bungalows facing the volcano. The rooms are big and clean with two double beds. The bathroom has a spacious shower, towels, soap.

The hotel is very small and not service-oriented but I don't mean this in a bad way. It is a place to stay - a good one and a nice one, but don't expect a concierge service to be available for you.

The location is good too, in between the town of Fortuna and the hot springs and volcano. Would recommend for a short stay for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This little resort is family run. The are great. The pool and spa are wonderful and you are a quick cab ride to the center of town. You are 5 minutes from the hot springs and at the base of the volcano. A family of four has plenty of room inside and out of the room.

Room Tip: Good price and great location, especially if you have a rental car.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The grounds and pool area are beautiful as well as the outside of our room. When we checked in we received our bath towels, upon arriving to our room the bathroom had no hand towels or face clothes or soap!! They gave us a bar of soap after we asked. Also there were hand prints all over the bathroom tiles, not very clean. The beds were very uncomfortable and the sheets too small or something because the sheets immediately came off the bed corners when we got in and no matter what we did they would not stay on!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Villas Vilma in this same room, several times before and have given it good reviews. However, I cannot recommend it after this recent stay. Upon entering the room the first thing I noticed was a terrible stink. There were no wash cloths. The light bulbs in the entry hall and room were burned out, only the lamps worked.
This trip my wife was with me and I'd told her about this nice little hotel... she looked at me as if I were crazy when we walked in. Our stay was disappointing to say the least.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BandL830
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was at first skeptical of staying at a hotel that was right at the 50% mark for hotels in La Fortuna, My opinion instantly changed when we pulled onto the very well manicured property complete with WIFI, pool and Jacuzzi. Lisa, the property manager was very helpful in getting us settled in with fresh towels, coffee and maps of the area. When we got to the very spacious cabana my appreciation of the room and the price took another giant leap up, two double beds, in room refrigerator, and hot shower along with a magnificent view of the volcano made this an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken M
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were in town for two nights, and enjoyed our stay. Large, clean room with two double beds. One mattress was hard (which my husband loved) and one softer (which I loved!). Hot water in the shower, Wi-fi, tv. Put in a few decorator items, and it wouldn't be much different than the high priced resort rooms. Pool was really nice- hot tub could have been a little hotter, but it was still nice. Staff was terrific and accommodating. Beautiful landscaping. We really enjoyed sitting on the front porch outside our room in the evening. Would definately recommend, and will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room with two double beds and a small bathroom. Our friends were in a room with a gigantic...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank VickiZ2012
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Villas Vilma offers basic, clean rooms with Wifi, TV, coffee maker and fridge. They have a pool and jacuzzi surrounded by garden which we thoroughly enjoyed and got to see frogs. I thought the jacuzzi was a perfect temperature (not so hot that it's uncomfortable). Being there in early September meant we got the place almost to ourselves. The only thing that would have made it perfect is if they had had one communal computer to use in reception as making plans is a huge pain on a tiny ipod screen. However, the staff were very willing to help us. If I was in the area again, I would definitely return. Seems like it would be perfect for families too. The best value for money in La Fortuna in my opinion.

Room Tip: For me, ther further away from the busy road the better!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple