All reviewsprivate roomstar hostelvolleyball netbeautiful hosteltight ropecosta ricanice poolbunk bedslounge areahot watercommon areaslaundry serviceair conditioningvolcano hikeswim up barwhite water raftingpura vida
Reviewed January 16, 2017

We were 8 people and loved this place. Staff were helpful, the common area is nice and it looks like a small resort. The pool close late at night. Good drinks, good deals. Volleyball court. One of the best hostel i've been to.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

Had a great time here while staying in La Fortuna. Great location! The rooms are small, but clean. The food and drink is priced very fairly and the meals are quite delicious. I'd highly recommend it to the budget traveller.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2017

Located on the edge of the main part of La Fortuna. Short walk into town.

Private rooms aren't that great, kinda felt like a run down motel room. No hooks, floor mats, and only 1 shelf, despite the room being massive. The "road" in front of the rooms has cars coming in and out at random hours, and is muddy. There is no floor mat so you have to be careful to avoid mud in the rooms.

The pool is great, and I toured through the dorms and tents and they look interesting.

The bar / common area has slightly overpriced food, but great drink specials (2 for US$4 while I was there) and US$1 coffee. Met some cool people as well, but the social scene was variable.

Staff aren't like most hostels - their focus is just on selling tours and they aren't very social and don't really provide much useful info if it doesn't involve selling a tour. This was very different from my other stays in Costa Rica, where staff or owners of all types of accommodations were very friendly and helpful.

Tours are available and mostly well priced, but with a hefty fee for credit cards. For Baldi Hot Springs, you're better off booking through Red Lava though as they charge $5 less and include one way transportation (the hostel does not).

Amazing wifi - this was a big help as I had to adjust some bookings.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank PolarBear777
Reviewed January 3, 2017

I loved this place. This was by far the best accommodation in Costa Rica trip. This place is specially great for solo travelers as you get to meet so many fellow travelers here and next thing you know is you are best friends. The staff was great. Bethshiva was such a wonderful person to work with. I was in touch with her through emails before my travels to Costa Rica and she was so helpful and very efficient in coordinating my shuttle rid from airport to the resort to various other tours and shuttles I took. They have a little bar/ restaurant and the food is great and drinks are cheap/ specially deals. Of all the people I met who stayed in other backpacker hostels, told me they also though this place was best. I would recommend this to anyone traveling to the area. I am a female solo traveler and I stayed at a private room

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights and had a great time! The pool/bar area was really fun and made it easy to meet new friends! The rooms/bathrooms seemed to be new or renovated and were really clean. There is someone at the front desk to help with booking tours and excursions. Good location not far from the main part of the town. I would stay here again for sure!

Stayed: December 2016