“Perfect family joy at the Ranch”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Jonas P
Verbier, Switzerland
“Perfect family joy at the Ranch”
Reviewed August 29, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We (my wife, myself and our two kids 5 and 3) had an amazing time at the Villa. The fantastic terrace and sliding doors makes waking up a pleasure. Were the kids move between the rocking chair and the bed while slowly waking up and looking out at the nature. The pool is great and we all look forward to come back here next year.

/Jonas

Your age range 35-49
FelicityW...
Hadlow, United Kingdom
“Perfect, beyond all our expectations!”
Reviewed July 28, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We stayed in Villa Mangos which was perfect for us in every way. It was clean, spacious and air conditioned with gorgeous views of the gardens and rainforest. We saw loads of birds, including toucans, from our veranda. We had one very large bedroom with a huge, comfortable bed and an ensuite bathroom. The dining area was on the veranda and a well equipped kitchen in the adjoining room. On our first day Esteban arranged for a delicious breakfast to be cooked for us, but the rest of the time we prepared our own food. Esteban really took the time to get to know us and make sure that we could do everything we wanted on our holiday there. It was so private and we had the best time ever. The accommodation was amazing and went horse riding, ATV riding, hot air ballooning. The whole experience as loads of fun and we learned so much about Costa Rica and the rich and varied wildlife. I would love to return to Costa Rica and I would definitely stay at La Finca again.

Mrpate227...
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Beautiful Villa Tucked Away Off the Beaten Path”
Reviewed April 15, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Roughly 30-45 minutes from La Fortuna. It wasn't a bad drive. Esteban arranged travel for us to get there from the airport so we didn't have to drive there in the dark not knowing where we were going. Rental car delivered the next day at the villa. Esteban is a great host and if you are lucky you might be able to talk him into a hot air balloon ride. One of the highlights of our trip to Costa Rica. He is a great pilot as well as a good owner of the Villas. They were clean, accommodating, updated, good wifi, and very friendly staff. Lots of excursions can be done right from your Villa. We highly recommend the white water rafting not far outside La Fortuna.

123shirle...
San Diego, California
“Beautiful rental, beautiful countryside, amazing staff!”
Reviewed February 16, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I can't say enough great things about The Villa. Our room and the surrounding property was beautiful. My husband is a birder and sat on the porch every morning to scan the property for new birds. He was never disappointed. Danny, our contact person, visited us the first morning to suggest activities and give us a tour of the property. he took us on an ATV tour to local hot springs and was very patient with me a novice rider. Danny also took my husband on a bird tour. He defintely knows his birds! He also made excellent suggestions for the La Fortuna area that fit our interests. Such a nice guy--we wanted to adopt him!!!

Kristophe...
“Stay Here, No Exceptions!”
Reviewed January 9, 2017 for a stay in July 2016

*Long Overdue, But Unforgettable*

So I found this place on Airbnb and the pictures sold me instantly. Plus I saw that it was centrally located and was a great place for our mid way stop as we were moving from the east coast of CR to the West.

From the beginning Esteban was extremely involved and helpful in our booking experience. He offered us discounts on car rental, package deals, easy directions, etc. I think it's also worth noting that Esteban is not your typical sales person that's trying to make a buck off of you. As someone who has traveled all over, he's genuine and provides a top tier experience!

From the moments we got there he made himself available and involved himself as much as we wanted. After the first meeting, I knew I need him for our whole trip! He helped us create a jam packed itinerary (which we were looking for) that included: white water rafting (a must with Dinghy Expeditions), ATVing through the mountains (he has the best), hot springs with massages, and plans for the rest of our trip rest (which we made the end of the trip).

He's knowledgeable, fun, and just an awesome person to know. The view and accommodations are 5 star worthy.

I will definitely be back and take advantage of the hot air balloon and more.

Thank you Esteban for your hospitality and an unforgettable experience!

Your age range 25-34
Kyle M M
“Outstanding Experience Overall”
Reviewed December 16, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

My wife and I recently stayed here for our honeymoon. We stayed for a week and because of the location we were able to make many day trips to any attraction we wanted. Esteban was most helpful in pointing us in the right direction throughout the entire trip. He and the staff are very helpful and always there for you. We took a horse back ride right from the ranch there one morning, it was amazing. They have plenty of beautiful horses for every type of rider. On the horses we rode all throughout the Costa Rican country side, through a river, through sugar cane fields, and best of all we rode our horses down a narrow creek under some trees where a huge pack of Howler monkeys started howling right above us. They sounded like dinosaurs and were one of the loudest, rawest things we have ever heard. We also took the ATV ride from right there at La Finca all the way up the side of the mountain to a natural hot spring. It was about as much fun as we have ever had, just cruising through all kinds of Costa Rican nature to get to the most romantic hot springs for a dip, and some of the best Pina Coladas in the world. Both the horseback ride and the ATV were lead by Danny, and were private with just the three of us. Danny is outstanding. It was a week of Paradise in the true Tranquil nature of Costa Rica, where huge Iguanas, and Toucans were visible frequently from the balcony of our unit. Each Unit is extremely private which is great. We will be back someday, Highly recommended !!

Kathleen...
Exeter, Rhode Island
“Beautiful Setting, Friendly Staff, Absolute Perfection!”
Reviewed November 25, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Staying at La Finca was exactly as all the previous reviews stated...absolutely amazing! The Villa was just as described with one large bedroom with a king size bed, a private bathroom attached to the bedroom, a beautiful balcony with a stunning view of a volcano and the grazing horses, our own kitchen, and a parking spot. The room had really great wi-fi and satellite television and it had AC. The property was gated and the villa alarmed and we always felt completely safe. There is also a safe in the room for passports and other valuables. The villa was decorated beautifully, it was kept spotless, and there were no maintenance issues. Also, they will do laundry for you.

Esteban and his staff were beyond helpful and extremely kind and friendly. Esteban gave me tips on the rest of my trip and secured my rental car for the entire trip at an extremely great value! Best price of everything I checked. He also sent us perfect directions, it was easy to find. As most people did we took the horse back riding trip and ATV ride to the hot spring with Dany. Dany is from Platanar (the location of the villa) and showed us all the local farms and country side. The horse stables are spotless and you can tell the horses are exceptionally cared for. We were beginners at horse-riding and felt comfortable and safe but we still did some trotting and cantering and a few challenging paths. The ATV ride to the hot spring was my favorite...the hot spring was not super touristy so it was quiet and peaceful. They also booked the BEST zip-lining and rappelling course for us; even the locals said it is better than all the others (arenal mundo aventura). We basically had a private zip-lining tour because Esteban knew exactly what to book for us.

The only thing I was worried about was that we were a little ways away from La Fortuna and a lot of reviews told me not to drive at night. I was worried we would get stuck at the Villa at night; but the road to La Fortuna is paved really well with no potholes; so you can easily drive around the villa at night and all the way to La Fortuna (about 30 mins). Plus there are restaurants and a supermarket only about 5 - 10 minutes down the road. I highly recommend you stay here instead of the touristy areas of La Fortuna (I was so glad we did). You are close enough to do the touristy things; but you feel like you are getting an authentic experience as well.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How beautiful,modern, and clean it was.
Liked least: Nothing....amazing!
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing