“Great for families”

Power Wheels Adventures-Private ATV Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: PRIVATE 1-on-1 TOURS, NO GROUPS. We also have a private farm of over 4000 acres in the foothills of the Arenal Volcano. We offer 7 different tours ranging form 2 hours to our all day Venado Caves tour, we can also put together specialized tours to suit your specific desires. We are the only company in the area who goes 100% completely off road on mud/dirt trails where you can get wet and muddy. We have an amazing 4,000 acres of wilderness where you almost think you have abandoned the modern city life and have gone back to nature, in Jurassic Park like settings. You will travel thru rivers, tall grasses, steep hills, jungle areas, pueblos, and foothills of the great Arenal Volcano. We are a Costa Rican company owned by Americans who employ local Costa Ricans. We know how to give the international traveler what they really prefer in a tour. We have all necessary permits, insurance and fully inspected machines, all with your utmost safety in mind. We provide rubber boots, and DOT certified safety helmets.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Ottawa, Canada
“Great for families”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

One of the highlights of our trip to Costa Rica! We took the Finca+Rio tours and had a great time. The guides were really nice and we felt comfortable riding with our kids. The meal after the ride was excellent. Strongly recommended.

• Hebrew first
3 attraction reviews
“Speed and Mud!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you love being a little reckless and love getting dirty then this needs to be on the top of your to do list in Costa Rica! I recommend a smaller group so that you are able to go faster and be a little more adventurous without having to stop all the time. I also advise the automatic transmission because you are able to focus on taking turns on with speed instead of what gear you're in. I've never drove an ATV before and I had no trouble adjusting so don't let that stop you from this awesome adventure!

One of the highlights of this adventure is going through huge mud puddles at high speeds splashing mud everywhere! You're also able to tackle a lot of hills and deep craters. The guides are a lot of fun and show you some beautiful scenery as well. Our group was fortunate to be able to stop at a part of the river that has both the warm water river and cold water river flowing into it. It was pretty cool to be able to feel the difference by just moving over a little bit to either side. If you want to save some money on this adventure then just have two people per ATV. I think one would be more fun but if you're on a budget like my group was then two is the way to go!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“LET'S RIDE!!!!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was by far my favorite part of the week-long trip to Costa Rica. If you like getting a little dirty to have some fun (get your mind out of the gutter) then I would definitely recommend this. It was fun with a big group, but we had to share the ATVs and take turns driving so if you can go with a smaller group or break your group into sections then I say do it. There were a few mud holes they made for you to go through which were awesome, and they also take you through a stream.
They also did a scenic part which was pretty cool where we stopped to look at some rare bugs and go swimming for a bit. That was cool, I guess, but the 4-wheelers are where all the fun was. Definitely make sure you know your surroundings while you operate the vehicle because there is a bridge that comes out of nowhere if you’re not careful. This made some of the best memories and stories, and I would go back in a heartbeat.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Adventure/Experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Out of all the activities I did during my trip to Costa Rica, this was the most fun. The instructors/guides didn't mind us going fast (as long as you stayed in line) and you got to see a beautiful side of Costa Rica and La Fortuna.
For someone not riding a 4-wheeler before, this was an awesome experience, even though I had done it before. Highly recommend this activity for people that wants more action in their life and don't want to lay next to a pool for a week. You will get dirty, so wear clothes you don't care about, and don't wear white!

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Power Wheels ATV Adventure is AWESOME”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I booked the ATV tour around the volcano and also to the waterfall...we had a blast to say the least. The guides made our trip...so much fun. Highly recommend this tour to everyone. I'm a girl and a first time rider, a little nervous at the beginning but I was made to feel safe and secure so I let loose and kept up with the boys. Dinner afterwards was so delicious and catered to our vegetarian requests. Our guide was amazing and took loads of pictures, great memories...Thank you so much, you helped to make our Costa Rica trip unforgettable!

Visited February 2014