New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“What a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit. The food was very good and the staff really made the experience special. In a town that can be expensive this was also a nice break for the wallet.

• Visited September 2013

Boston
“Loved the service and the people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I found that Dixon and his staff were fun, welcoming, very down to earth and lots of fun. I finally got around to writing this review after having eaten at both their old location last year and again this year at their new one. The menu has come a long way, the prices are good and the attitude is relaxed and easy going.

Watch out for the soup, it is excellent but the portions are huge. So you'll want to finish it before ordering anything else!

Whatever else you do, make sure to order a few Jamaican patties to take with you. They are delicious, cheap and great to have on hand for a midnight snack or even breakfast if you're staying somewhere without a kitchen, (like we did this time!!) In fact I found that they were fantastic cold at 2:00AM after I got back from Volcan Look nightclub. (Make sure to tie any food up tightly in a platic bag if you don't have a fridge, just to keep ants out of it.

The one thing that I didn't like was too much vegetable oil on my veggies, but that is a petty complaint on my part. I'm only writing it because I warned him that I would if I didn't get mine done with butter one time! (Told you Dixon!! ;-)

Anyway I highly recommend it. Make sure to go, the soups are great and so are the whole tillapia!

Houston, Texas
“Sincere and great service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We ordered pickled fish which I loved, my husband ordered Caribbean rice and chicken. I must say the rice is little bit out of my taste, not because it does not taste good, we are just not used to the chocolate like rice. Its cooked with coconut milk, spices, but we are just not used to the taste. The owner lady brought out traditional costa rican rice and beans after learning our experience. The owner is so tentative, we had complimentary appetizer and dessert, the spices on the side is really flavorful and spicy. :P. Overall, we appreciate the sincere and great service we had. This is one of the few times I would come back even I was not to used to the flavor.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Food and Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Need a flavor in your diet? Dixon will be glad to serve it up for you. For a little something different and fun, friendly service this is the place to go.

La Fortuna
“Special place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I love eating "clean," but sometimes get bored with the same chicken-rice-and-beans combos that seem to be on all the menus here in Fortuna. So, hungry for some spice and variety, I decided to try the food here...and I was delighted. The owner is so friendly and personable; he recommended the pickled fish. Wow! First of all, the dish presented to me looked too beautiful to eat. Red snapper, done to perfection with just enough bite, accompanied by an array of tasty sides. Delicious. And fun, too, to try something different. If you go, try the cold ginger-lemon drink he makes. And the rice and beans made with coconut milk...Yum! I'll be back!