“up and down the road...”
Review of Lobos Tour

Lobos Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Lets do horseback riding in a farm on the base of the arenal volcano, where you can swim in the fortuna´s waterfall on the rain forest also visit an indian village (the malekus)they will show you how the live and what they do and a butterfly farm. Great for families, couples and kids the tour takes around 4 hours. One at 8:00am and 1:30pm
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I love horse back riding and enjoyed that the horses were trotting a lot but the two people with me didn't get any advice on how to make it more pleasant (going up and down with the steps). Also all we did was go straight up the road to the waterfall and then back with a 'cultural' stop in between. Was definitely not worth the $55 I paid for it! Very nice horses though!

1  Thank Travelaar

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had very little experience riding horses, and my husband had no prior experience. The horses
were very calm and sweet. I felt bad for them climbing up steep hills with loose rocky terrain to get to the waterfalls. Once at the waterfall destination, there was a difficult hike down, then up (on foot) to swim or take decent photos. On the ride back, we stopped at a craft house and had a short presentation about an indigenous tribe. I thought this stop was a strange attempt to get tourists to spend money, and the girl who gave our presentation acted very bored. Overall, it was an "okay" experience. I wouldn't do it again.

1  Thank Lauren034
Reviewed February 17, 2014

As a former equestrian competitor, I was delighted to tour the countryside on horseback with this company. The horses are the best I've experienced on a day trip. Our guide, Didier, breeds and trains them; they are used once a week. They are well behaved and ready to move. I highly recommend this company.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The horseback ride to the waterfall and indigenous community was great. The horses are super calm and sweet. The waterfall was my favorite part. The indigenous community was deserted but we got to walk around and check it out anyway. It would have been neat to meet them.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We started out with just Erica as our tour guide until the other part of our group could catch up. I don't remember the other guides name though. They were both great. The horses were great, a little snappy at each other, but it was ok. I was scared to ride, especially when they were trotting in different parts of the trail. I always felt safe though. Once at the top you can get a drink of water and change clothes. Then you begin your journey down to the falls. Once at the bottom I realized the terrain is very rocky in the water, so Erica was so sweet to give me her water shoes. She also stayed with our back pack, so we knew it was safe. The other guide took our picture in front of the falls for us. The worst part was the hike back up. It is almost 400 steps back up. I recommend bringing a water bottle to get a drink half way. Once at the top they had tea, water and crackers. Then we rode down to the tribe. This part was really interesting because I can take that knowledge back to my classroom to share. We then finished riding back down to the end. Everything was great and I recommend for anyone that doesn't mind a work out.

1  Thank Dani H