“Exquisite Villa, Exceptional Activities”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Villa Heliconia outside
Main Batroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
drdeniseb...
San Diego, California
“Exquisite Villa, Exceptional Activities”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Estaban was a delightful host and the horse ranch was one fun place. We swam in the pool on this grand ranch, enjoyed the hot bellied pig in the horse stable, rode ATV's with our naturalist Guide, Danny, to a beautiful hot springs and lastly, took a dramatic ride down a river with other white water rafters followed by a journey to an organic farm. All in all the ranch was fabulous, La Fortuna area is great country and I would go back for an extended stay anytime. Thanks Estaban.

Liked best: The ATV's and nice casita
Liked least: kitchen area without air conditioning
Families with young children Large groups
patton1
Saint-Jean-de-Matha, Canada
“PEACEFUL AND SENERITY”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

It was worthwhile staying staying there , so peaceful with the horses in the mist in the morning.Very nice rooms and a beautiful pool. Nice restaurants at about 10 minutes maximum.Estban is a nice host and very helpful. A lot of things to see on the farm.<<<<<<<if you want to see RED EYE GREEN FROG, ask Esteban for that tour.
If you are adventourus you could go on the HOT AIR BALLOON, it's worth the price.
Thank you Esteban and family for a NICE STAY

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: nice and peaceful
Liked least: no beach lol
Traveling group: Friends
Families with young children
RChuon24
Long Beach, California
“Vacation Within a Vacation”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Before starting my review of the property, I would like to start off by thanking Esteban for all the help he provided with my trip to Costa Rica. Esteban answered all my emails, helped review my itinerary, booked my rental car, and even booked my tours for me. I have never been to Costa Rica but Esteban made me feel comfortable in a country I know little about. So, from my family to you, thank you for making this trip incredible.

Now, for the review of the property. I truly believe Esteban's property might be one of the most beautiful rental properties you can get anywhere in the world for the price. My family of five stayed in the Villa Frutales, which consisted of three separate casitas and it was immaculate. The villa is on a large property so you had the feeling of being completely private yet you had access to all the amenities the property offered such as his pool, garden, and horse stable (with two huge pigs). The property was well stocked with everything needed for the bedroom, kitchen and restroom. Also, the property is excellent for nature lovers because we saw multiple species of toucans, flowers, and tropical fruits.

If you're in Costa Rica, book this property AND book one of his tours. We booked the ATV and hot springs tour which was excellent. Our guide was Danny who was very informative and friendly. I told him to find me a sloth, and he found me a sloth holding it's baby.

I have nothing but high praises for this property. Esteban, thank you again for everything.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pictures does not do justice to how beautiful the property is.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Newbs29
North Bay, Canada
“Loved it!! Highlight of our trip. Better than the pictures even.”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the villa with the 3 bungalows. The pictures were accurate, but somehow, it was even more beautiful in real life. I travelled with my husband and 17 year old son and 14 year old daughter. The set up was perfect for us! My husband and I had privacy in our own beautiful bungalow with king bed and sitting area. My kids had their own bungalow with king bed and 2 twins. The kitchen/living room unit was in between the to sleeping bungalows. We all loved it! We had 3 bathrooms for 4 of us! The scenery was beautiful. Everything on Esteban's property is immaculate and high quality. The pool was beautiful too. We ate meals out and also had breakfast and some meals in, which surprisingly I enjoyed. It was nice after a full day of activity to be able relax and not go out again. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook. It also had coffee, sugar, oil, salt and pepper which was nice, so when we got groceries, we only really needed to get some basic items. This villa would also be perfect for travelling with 2 couples.

We did did canyoning from La Fortuna and then did Horseback riding and ATVing directly at Finca Centaura. Danny was our guide for both excursions. My kids are spoiled and have been on lots of excursions, (ziplining, swimming with stingrays, turtles, etc..) On the ATV tour we went to the hotsprings and came back in the evening. My son said this was the best excursion he ever went on. We did horseback riding the next day. My daughter, who has been to many camps, said this was the best excursion ever. My husband and I loved them both. Danny was a great guide. It was fantastic that he took pictures using our camera - he knew how to use it better than we did! We have hilarious footage of my son getting stuck in the river on the ATV - priceless memories.

We normally have a never go back rule - live is too short. However, but my husband want to go back. We would like to budget for the hot air balloon ride next time!

I tried to include some pictures, but tripadvisor wouldn't submit with them.

Traveling group: Teenagers
Valdez Alaska
Reviewed March 21, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
ChrisHubb...
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Perfect blend of tranquility and activity”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We had high expectations after reading prior reviews, and we were not dissapointed. The property itself is beautiful and you can see the pride that Esteban, Monica and the whole crew take in everything from the villas to the landscaping. They recommended and arranged some great activities. Danny, our friendly local guide was a wealth of info during our ATV trip to the Hot Springs (and pointed out some local wildlife) and the Balsa River Whitewater Rafting trip was quite exhilarating. Balance this with some great quiet time lounging at the villa and birdwatching with Gitana (the family Dachshund ambassador) and we couldn't have asked for more. We will look forward to our next trip to Costa Rica and will be sure to keep this location on our itinerary. Thanks for everything. Chris and Kathi

Liked best: Myriad of Options and Activities
Liked least: Having to pack up and leave
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
KHammer1
Mississauga, Canada
“Beauty, Comfort, Service and Smiles all at your Fingertips”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Esteban and his team are top notch! The property is well kept with beautify gardens, immaculate villas, friendly, professional and knowledgeable people, and an inviting pool/hot tub that's nice for afternoon siesta. You will need a 4X4 to drive safely to the ranch but once you're there you'll find that traveling by horse and/or AVT are much more enjoyable!

This was our first trip to Costa Rica and we were very lucky to have landing on Esteban's doorstep; we were definitely in good hands. He reserved our car for us in advance of our arrival, helped us book our day trips/activities throughout our stay (and recommended tours that were "worth" it based on your preferences). He genuinely took an interest in us making sure we were happy and comfortable on our vacation. This is a great first stop if you're planning to move around throughout your stay in CR however, plan at least three (ideally four) nights on the Ranch, you'll be sad to leave if you book any less.

Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing