“Excellent horseback riding and hospitality”

Arenal Wilberth Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: This adventure begins at the foot of the volcano on our private estate, surrounded by natural beauty and farm animals. Then you will meet our beautiful, healthy and safe horses, which for years have been trained to perform this activity safely. You will receive the basic training to manage your horse from our guide.The horses are trained so you can enjoy your tour without worries. You can admire the impressive craters caused by ancient volcanic eruptions. As you travel through our pastures you will search for beautiful birds like orioles, toucans and other surprises. You will see beautiful organic gardens where you will be impressed by the size of our vegetables and defferrent varieties as well. During the tour you will enjoy beautiful scenery of the volcano and the lake as you immerse yourself in the beautiful forest and hopefully will be surprised by some of the animals that inhabit this amazing place. All from the top of your partner on this two and one half hour tour.At the end we will take you to our beautiful veranda where you will learn the history that lies behind the impressive Arenal Volcano and its beautiful lake.
Bayside, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent horseback riding and hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We booked a horseback riding excursion with Arenal Wilberth Stables through our hotel. They promptly picked us up in a nice, air conditioned van and brought us to the stables. We met our tour guide, Enrique, and our horses, Abuelo and Apache. Enrique gave us the basics about horseback riding and we were off! He even took my camera to take pictures of me and my husband along the way. Throughout the trip, Enrique was giving us a lot of information about the area we were going through. The views of Arenal Volcano were breathtaking!

Unfortunately, I got ill in the middle of the trip. Enrique was very comforting, helped me off of my horse, and give me a certain type of plant to smell to make me feel better. When I did not feel comfortable enough to continue the journey, he called for an ATV to come and pick me up and bring me back. The ATV was there in less than 10 minutes, and I rode back, while my husband and Enrique finished the trail. Upon arriving back at the office, they gave me a cold bottle of water and offered for me to sit in the air conditioned van.

Their hospitality and how they cared for me when I did not feel well speaks a lot! Thank you to everyone who works there -- if we are ever in Fortuna again, we will definitely go back!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Danielle R

Chicago, Illinois
“Fun ride through interesting countryside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Our guide Enrique was very fun and informative during our two hour ride. We took the 3pm tour mad got lucky that it was just our family of four on our tour (girls ages 15 and 16). The horses seemed healthy and well cared for. My younger daughter is a regular rider in the states and she felt comfortable with their health and care. We did a lot of trotting and a decent amount of galloping much to our daughter delight. Enrique gave us a lot of fun historical facts about the volcano and interesting information on the wildlife and vegetation in the area. The girls got natural mud masks from the creek which they left on to work its magic for the remainder of the ride. Fun time for all of us but especially for our daughters.

Wakefield, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“ENRIQUE GUZMAN best guide ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had so much fun on our horseback ride! We never rode horses before and Enrique made us feel very safe and he made the ride really fun! He was so informative and we enjoyed learning about the birds, banana plantations and the region... Enrique was very fun!

Fairfax, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ENRIQUE GUZMAN best guide ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Went on horseback ride with Enrique, he was awesome! Very playful yet safe and informative ! We saw so many things on our tour and even had volcano mineral face masks applied by Enrique himself! Thankful for the experience and I highly recommend Enrique !

Giselle Rodriguez

1 Thank Giseller323
Cambridge, Massachusetts
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Horseback ride through the country side”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

It’s a 2 hour horseback ride through the country side, jungle and banana plantations. Our guide Rubin was very nice and informative. It was my second time riding a horse. I don’t have any actual complaints, but I was expecting something more exciting – but maybe I’m just not a horse person. If I had a do over – I might opt for the ATV tour – which they offer here as well.

Visited February 2014