“Horseback ride through the country side”

Arenal Wilberth Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: This adventure begins at the foot of the volcano on our private estate, surrounded by natural beauty and farm animals. Then you will meet our beautiful, healthy and safe horses, which for years have been trained to perform this activity safely. You will receive the basic training to manage your horse from our guide.The horses are trained so you can enjoy your tour without worries. You can admire the impressive craters caused by ancient volcanic eruptions. As you travel through our pastures you will search for beautiful birds like orioles, toucans and other surprises. You will see beautiful organic gardens where you will be impressed by the size of our vegetables and defferrent varieties as well. During the tour you will enjoy beautiful scenery of the volcano and the lake as you immerse yourself in the beautiful forest and hopefully will be surprised by some of the animals that inhabit this amazing place. All from the top of your partner on this two and one half hour tour.At the end we will take you to our beautiful veranda where you will learn the history that lies behind the impressive Arenal Volcano and its beautiful lake.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Horseback ride through the country side”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

It’s a 2 hour horseback ride through the country side, jungle and banana plantations. Our guide Rubin was very nice and informative. It was my second time riding a horse. I don’t have any actual complaints, but I was expecting something more exciting – but maybe I’m just not a horse person. If I had a do over – I might opt for the ATV tour – which they offer here as well.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank CoolMoDee

London, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Definitely Horseback Ride”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We went on the 8 AM tour, and the shuttle took us from our hostel out to the property, which is right across the road from the entrance to the Arenal National Park (about a 20 min drive from La Fortuna). When we got there, the horses had to be brought out, so we were given a short plant tour of their garden, and it was very interesting! I am a novice rider (I've been riding for about a year), and my friend had never been on a horse before, but I was so immediately impressed by the horse's responsiveness and training! We were lucky that it was just us on the tour with our guide, Enrique, and we traversed through a banana plantation, the forest area, and the grassier areas. I mostly gave this tour 5 stars because we could trot and gallop, which was incredibly fun and only required a slight nudge from our shoes to get the horses to go. My only complaint is that sometimes it was hard to understand our guide, but I would go on this tour again. Just make sure you wear long pants and lots of sunscreen. (By the way, $50 for a horseback tour is a great price given that this tour lasts about 2 hours).

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sam44586
Boston, Massachusetts
“One heck of a time.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My friend and I went on a horseback ride around today. It was just us and our guide, Enrique, and the great outdoors. The horses, while used to be near each other, were still completely under our control. I have been on riding "tours" before where you are in a large group all riding sad looking animals who do nothing but follow the rear of the horse in front of them, regardless of what you ask them to do. With that being said, we were able to trot and gallop along as we pleased.

Enrique was very knowledgable of the area, from history to varieties of local wild and plant life. He was also both polite and light-spirited with a good sense of humor.

We couldn't be happier that we chose this excursion. Even if I did almost fall off and die a few times. But that's just another part of what made it fun.

Visited March 2014
victoria bc canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

This ride was beautiful, first off the horses are beautiful and in great condition. Their get to graze around huge acres and actually saw a few in pastures far from the start which made me very happy.
It's great you get to go through thick jungles then beautiful fields. This is very relaxing and informative. Enrico was a great guide super friendly and informative about any topic I asked about.
This is a must do right at the base of the volcano.

Agoura, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great ride!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We loved the tour. Our guide, Enrique, was very knowledgeable about plants, different kind of animals, and Costa Rica.
It was an over two hour ride through a private property with well trained horses. This tour is even suitable for people who don't often ride horses or have little riding experience.

Visited February 2014