“One heck of a time.”

Arenal Wilberth Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: This adventure begins at the foot of the volcano on our private estate, surrounded by natural beauty and farm animals. Then you will meet our beautiful, healthy and safe horses, which for years have been trained to perform this activity safely. You will receive the basic training to manage your horse from our guide.The horses are trained so you can enjoy your tour without worries. You can admire the impressive craters caused by ancient volcanic eruptions. As you travel through our pastures you will search for beautiful birds like orioles, toucans and other surprises. You will see beautiful organic gardens where you will be impressed by the size of our vegetables and defferrent varieties as well. During the tour you will enjoy beautiful scenery of the volcano and the lake as you immerse yourself in the beautiful forest and hopefully will be surprised by some of the animals that inhabit this amazing place. All from the top of your partner on this two and one half hour tour.At the end we will take you to our beautiful veranda where you will learn the history that lies behind the impressive Arenal Volcano and its beautiful lake.
Boston, Massachusetts
“One heck of a time.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My friend and I went on a horseback ride around today. It was just us and our guide, Enrique, and the great outdoors. The horses, while used to be near each other, were still completely under our control. I have been on riding "tours" before where you are in a large group all riding sad looking animals who do nothing but follow the rear of the horse in front of them, regardless of what you ask them to do. With that being said, we were able to trot and gallop along as we pleased.

Enrique was very knowledgable of the area, from history to varieties of local wild and plant life. He was also both polite and light-spirited with a good sense of humor.

We couldn't be happier that we chose this excursion. Even if I did almost fall off and die a few times. But that's just another part of what made it fun.

Visited March 2014

victoria bc canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

This ride was beautiful, first off the horses are beautiful and in great condition. Their get to graze around huge acres and actually saw a few in pastures far from the start which made me very happy.
It's great you get to go through thick jungles then beautiful fields. This is very relaxing and informative. Enrico was a great guide super friendly and informative about any topic I asked about.
This is a must do right at the base of the volcano.

Agoura, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great ride!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We loved the tour. Our guide, Enrique, was very knowledgeable about plants, different kind of animals, and Costa Rica.
It was an over two hour ride through a private property with well trained horses. This tour is even suitable for people who don't often ride horses or have little riding experience.

Visited February 2014
Peterborough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth it”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was the only one on my tour which made it a really special trip. My guide Agustin was very informative. The horses appeared well cared for which was a very important criteria for me which I asked about when booking this trip. I hadn't ridden a horse for several years and this was a great way to get back into the saddle. It was fun to get in a couple of canters/slow gallops too as the beautiful scenery passed by.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Louise S
Brooklyn, New York
“SUCH FUN!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I rode with Alonso and we had a really nice time. He gave a nice tour and was extremely responsible.

Visited February 2014