“Great morning on horseback”

Arenal Wilberth Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: This adventure begins at the foot of the volcano on our private estate, surrounded by natural beauty and farm animals. Then you will meet our beautiful, healthy and safe horses, which for years have been trained to perform this activity safely. You will receive the basic training to manage your horse from our guide.The horses are trained so you can enjoy your tour without worries. You can admire the impressive craters caused by ancient volcanic eruptions. As you travel through our pastures you will search for beautiful birds like orioles, toucans and other surprises. You will see beautiful organic gardens where you will be impressed by the size of our vegetables and defferrent varieties as well. During the tour you will enjoy beautiful scenery of the volcano and the lake as you immerse yourself in the beautiful forest and hopefully will be surprised by some of the animals that inhabit this amazing place. All from the top of your partner on this two and one half hour tour.At the end we will take you to our beautiful veranda where you will learn the history that lies behind the impressive Arenal Volcano and its beautiful lake.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great morning on horseback”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I decided to do the horseback riding adventure, since the volcano was very quiet and the tour agencies did not seem enthusiastic about hiking it, so I thought this would be a good way to appreciate Arenal. The guide was great, very informative and interesting.
Unfortunately we did not see a lot of wildlife (not the guide's fault!), but it was a great ride. My only comment would be that the amount of running was perhaps a bit much for a very novice rider like me, but others seemed to enjoy it.

Visited April 2013

Vancouver
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A very fun activity while in Arenal”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Initially my gf and I were looking to do some repelling while in Fortuna, however we must have been there on a bad week because the prices for outings like this were ridiculous so we elected for something scenic around the Volcano. Our guides promptly picked us up from our Hostel, were super friendly and caring during the entire 3+ hours and taught us some pretty amazing things about the area and history of Arenal.

I would seriously recommend this activity to anyone, even if they do not feel confident with horses because Augustine was VERY good at being supportive and going at a slower pace if needed.

Thanks for much guys!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kwame84
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing horseback riding adventure to the volcano!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Beautiful surroundings with a knowledgable, friendly and fabulous guide! My friend had never ridden before and I was experienced, and we both had an amazing time! I got a lot of galloping in, while my friend went at her own speed. Horses were well-trained and cared for. Wonderful wildlife and birds. Worth every penny!

2 Thank mrthmccarthy
Reston
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've rented horses in a lot of places, but these were the best! Well behaved, well trained, healthy, and with just enough spunk to move. We had a great time, our guide was fun to spend time with. I highly recommend this.

Visited February 2013
Dallas, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best horseback riding EVER!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was so impressed with the quality of the horses....well cared for, well trained, gorgeous, and spirited....these are NOT your average rental beast; plodding along waiting for the hour to be over. Our guide took us around the property and showed us beautiful views of the volcano, birds, plants, and animals. If you want a REAL horseback riding experience, do this tour....we had a blast!

Visited January 2013