“Centaura ranch exceeded all our expectations for our vacation!”

Centaura- Day Horseback Riding Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private - Customized Horseriding Adventures with Centaura Our Horse adventures are for all people and all riding levels. We have many horses, with different breeds, sizes, gaits and temperaments and we assure you that we can tailor our rides and horses to please from the most experienced rider to those who have never been on a horse before. La Finca has the most diverse type of riding with more than 1800 acres nestled under Platanar Volcano.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed 1 week at one of the cozy villas of Centaura farm, and we had such a great time. Our guide for the week Juanca was the best! He took us for beautiful trail rides through the sugar cane and pineapple fields, through rivers, passing by waterfalls and the mystical cloud forest on awesome horses. The 3 of us are all experienced riders, and the horses Centaura ranch has, are well trained, strong and well taken care off. Our daughter loved Lunero, a 4 year old gelding, and my husband and I had great rides on Pinolero and Cocolobo.
Juanca also took us to many beautiful sites that the area of Platanar has to offer, such as the Poas Vulcano national park, the Arenal vulcano, the hot springs at El Bosque and not to forget the exciting wild water rafting tour. Juanca thought us so much about the Ecological system of Costa rica, flora and fauna and agriculture, he is like a walking encyclopedia and made our vacation very special.
Not the forget the sweet Maria who made us a delicious Costa Rican breakfast every morning in our villa.
Thank you Esteban, Juanca, Maria and Pedro for giving us an unforgettable vacation! We will be back for sure...

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I am very particular when I horseback ride on vacation and spend time researching the best places and those that truly care for their horses. Centaura goes above and beyond. I took a private horse riding tour in the morning and my husband took a private atv tour In the afternoon. The horses are all in great shape. Danny took the time to get to know me before matching me to my horse and ensured that I was comfortable before departing on our ride. We rode through sugar cane fields andDanny pointed out monkeys, trees and fauna throughout. Riding a well trained horse bitless and galloping through the countryside definitely was a new adventure and confidence builder for me. Tbank you to Esteban for running a topnotch facility!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was an amazing ride. My husband and I went out with Antonio for a two hour ride, and we both decided this was the most fun ever. And a very good work out!

First of all, Esteban and Monica are amazing hosts, (we stayed at a Villa on the property, reviewed separately), and all of the staff are also amazing. Always smiling, helpful, joyful even.

We rode the horses across the rivers, up and down the hills, trotted through the beauty of Costa Rican farmland, and my horse and I went for a swim! (Which, honestly, was the highlight of my trip). Just don't bring your passports with you.... Or they will get wet! Trust them to hold on to them.
They do not take random groups of people out together, only you and/or the people you know. Which makes it so much more intimate and awesome.

The horses are healthy and happy, and the stables are beautiful and so clean. And I really can't say enough about the staff. Truly an experience not to be missed.

Love love loved this place!

Highly recommended!!!

1  Thank mushfac
Reviewed April 29, 2014

What better a way to see the beautiful farms, villages and scenery that Costa Rica has to offer than from the back of a horse. If that sounds like heaven to you, I can highly recommend the experience at Centaura. Estaban could not have been more helpful setting up the day and answering all of my questions in advance, and my guide for the day (Danny) was lovely - as was my mount. I tried a few of the many horses that are available on the ranch, among the several pre-identified as suitable for my level of experience & size. All looked happy and well cared for. Once I selected Lunera, off we went for a lovely morning riding through farms, villages and rivers until it was time for lunch. A gallop or two was all it took to get our appetites raging. How fun to ride to the restaurant, tie the horses and enjoy a great lunch, followed by a leisurely ride back to the farm.
I cannot recommend this outing enough - the people are great, the horses lovely and the outing can be tailored to whatever the riding level of your group.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband and I were actually staying in a rental villa on this property (HIGHLY recommend if you want to stay out of touristy Arenal). We went riding one morning. Neither of us are experienced riders, and I used to be very fearful of horses. We went with Monica, one of the owners, and a guide/gate opener (two staff for two riders). We rode through rivers and all over the surrounding countryside. Even though I didn't know what I was doing, my lovely mount ("pretty eyes" in English) sure did, and was very responsive, with a gentle smooth gate. At one point I was actually trotting along pretty well, and Monica encouraged me that if I went a little faster, I would be in a gallop and it would be even smoother. So I nudged a little, and I GALLOPED! For the first time in my life. Now for those of you are real riders, this may seem a little silly, but I'm 63, scared of horses, and I galloped.
OK, the stables and grounds are beautiful. See my photos. This is a very very high quality operation.
You will have a wonderful riding experience. Enjoy!

1  Thank whereveryougo