This hotel is set in lovely gardens about 5km outside of La Fortuna. It doesn't have any thermal springs, unlike some in the local vicinity, but it does have beautiful gardens, This also means insects - so don't forget the insect repellent.
We ate in the hotel one evening - I wouldn't recommend it. The food took ages to come and mine was overcooked. The breakfast selection was good, and the service there much better. If you need the internet then their routers are up and down a bit - so be prepared for that, otherwise there is internet in the hotel lobby. Also the phone reception was also a bit touch and go if that is important to you.
The rooms were clean and well maintained, although the shower took a bit of persuading one morning. There is air con, and there is a little patio are outside with 2 rocking chairs and a little table. Perfect for volcano watching. We bought our own beer from the supermarket - and although the hotel doesn't have fridges in the room, there are ice machines that are dotted around.
There is a pool and a playpark for the kids, as well as a jacuzzi. I didn't try any - but they looked safe enough. I would certainly come here again. Beware you really need a car, and also unless you want to hear loads of stuff about the volcano that you can't be bothered to read, you can do the walk near the bottom of the volcano in the national park for about 10 bucks, plus the hot springs at Baldi for 28 bucks - which saves a fair amount on the hotel list price for the same tour (obviously you are paying then for the transport and the guide).
By the way - if you are a resident of Costa Rica - always ask for the resident price, as this is cheaper, and you have to produce your residents card or passport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park