We stayed two nights at this hotel and we are very very pleased.
The room we stayed was very big and new (recently renovated?). It had two large beds enough to accommodate four people easily, TV, very powerful air conditioner, two table and coffee table, dresser, safe, coat rack, and very spacious bathroom. It didn’t have a bath tub, but the shower room was roomy and very luxurious; you feel like you are in an upscale spa. Shower’s hot water has perfect pressure. And the towel!!! They provided us six pair of oversized bath towels, and navy blue ones are so soft and fluffy, I almost purchased them. I’ve never had such a high quality towel even in the United States’ hotels. The amenities are those you find in four star hotels, house keepers were nice, and it is very quiet. You are provided with a little balcony overlooking the volcano and beautiful garden with two Costa Rican rocking chairs. We wished we could stay there forever.
The property has two beautiful pool areas with wet bar (but there were no person in the bar, so I had to walk into the restaurant, no biggie), two restaurants, and a spa. We were originally going to have spa treatments in Tabacon, but we ended up having them in the hotel twice! The people at spa didn’t speak much English, but it was reasonably priced and very relaxing.
Our price included breakfast, and what a feast!! It was a buffet style breakfast with fresh fruits, gallo pinto, egg, sausage, veggies, breads, cheese, fruits juices, etc., and of course delicious coffee. It was so satisfying and yummy that we actually looked forward to waking up next morning! (Usually, we stay in bed very late…)
Hotel staff was very helpful and nice. I think they specifically arrange tax drivers who can speak English for us. Very thoughtful.
I would definitely come back to this hotel. It is the best I ever stayed in Costa Rica for the budget price!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park