Stayed at Volcano Lodge for 3 nights. The place is pleasant, clean, and nice. It poured non-stop during our entire stay so I can't speak much for the pool/grounds/view of the volcano. The rooms are eco-friendly and well-maintained, especially considering the incredible moisture of the region. Example: It took 3 days for my wet bathing suit to dry while hung up.
Two small downers: The first night, I found several dead gnats on my pillow which I think came out of the air conditioner above. That stuff doesn't bother me too much and insects will occur in this type of lodging/town. I brushed them off and slept soundly. Also, the free wifi wasn't functioning well in our rooms. That said, it worked fine at the restaurant and also they have computers at reception that are free for use.
Breakfast was included and was excellent. We ate lunch at the Sura restaurant one day, and the food/service were fantastic, but wildly overpriced compared to what we got elsewhere around town.
Also, we got massages which were very well-priced and very soothing, although the massage room/"spa" was dreary and certainly not pretty or calming.
The staff at the front desk was pleasant and very helpful when it came to helping with day tours, etc.
One final note: housekeeping arranges the towels in shapes of animals or plants and leaves them on your bed, and they are truly works of art!! We were really pleasantly surprised each day by that little detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park